Law enforcement officials seized 15 firearms, a cellphone and other items as a result of two search warrants executed Jan. 24 in the 23000 block of state Route 31.
According to information from the Union County Sheriff's Office, Jason A. Thompson, 39, of state Route 31 in Marysville was arrested and charged with one count of weapons under disability, a third-degree felony. The Marysville Division of Police helped execute the warrants.
Thompson appeared in Marysville Municipal Court Jan. 27 for a hearing before Judge Michael J. Grigsby. Thompson posted bond and was scheduled for a preliminary hearing Monday, Feb. 3.
According to sheriff's reports, Thompson was convicted of aggravated burglary and three counts of kidnapping in 2000.
As a result of the convictions, reports said, Thompson is prohibited from possessing firearms.
In other recent incident reports from the sheriff's office:
* At 3:40 p.m. Jan. 27, an employee of a business in the 8500 block of Rausch Drive reported tools were stolen from two vans that had been broken into over the weekend.
* A 24-year-old Delaware woman was cited for failure to control after the 2003 Hyundai Elantra she was driving was involved in a rollover accident at 4:04 p.m. Jan. 24 on U.S. Route 42 and Bell Road. A deputy and members of Jerome Township Fire and EMS and Pleasant Valley Fire and EMS responded to the call.
* A 21-year-old Hilliard woman was arrested and charged with driving a vehicle while intoxicated at 5:40 a.m. Jan. 26 in the 7100 block of Hyland Croy Road after her vehicle got stuck in a ditch.
* A 59-year-old Marysville woman was cited for failure to control after the 1994 Honda Civic she was driving went into a ditch on Hinton Mill Road near Springdale Road at 2:44 p.m. Jan. 27.
* An 82-year-old Richwood man was cited for failure to yield at a stop sign after the 1999 Acura he was driving struck a 2009 Kia. The accident happened at 3:17 p.m. Jan. 27 on Boundary Road near Happy Lane.
* A 22-year-old Westerville woman was cited for failure to control at 8:49 a.m. Jan. 28 in the 20000 block of state Route 347 after the 2007 Ford Fusion she was driving struck several mailboxes.
Marysville Division of Police
According to reports from the Marysville Division of Police, an employee at a business on U.S. Route 36 reported someone cut through a fence on the property at 9:43 a.m. Jan. 24.
In other recent incident reports from Marysville police:
* A resident of Scott Farms Boulevard reported someone slashed two tires on his vehicle at 5:12 p.m. Jan. 26.
* An 18-year-old Marys-ville man and a juvenile were arrested and charged with theft at 6:22 a.m. Jan. 28 at a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard.
* Jewelry was reported stolen from a residence on Buckeye Street at 4:56 p.m. Jan. 28.