The city of Marysville is encouraging residents and business owners to remove ice and snow from public sidewalks in front of their property as soon as possible after a storm.
According to a news release from the city, clearing snow from sidewalks makes it easier for schoolchildren and all residents to travel safely.
The city suggests these additional ways residents can assist in the snow removal process:
* Keep parked vehicles off the street.
* When following a snowplow, stay a safe distance behind.
* Do not ever attempt to pass a snowplow.
* Keep children away from snowplows.
* Pile snow shoveled from driveways to the right of the driveway (when facing the street) or pile it in the yard.
* Clear snow and ice from stormwater drains to help prevent flooding when the snow melts.
* Keep basketball hoops out of the right of way to avoid accidents and/or injury to plows and drivers.
* Remove snow from fire hydrants located near homes and businesses. This will help prevent unnecessary delays during a fire emergency.