The Union County Sheriff's Office arrested a 43-year-old North Wilkesboro, N.C., man twice in one day after responding to a call about a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee that struck a business in the 10000 block of U.S. Route 42.
At 10:46 a.m. Feb. 13, a deputy investigating the accident arrested the man and cited him for operating a vehicle under the influence and driving with a suspended license.
Chief Deputy Tom Morgan said the man's wife picked him up when he was released in the afternoon, and they got into a domestic argument on U.S. Route 33 after leaving the sheriff's office.
"She was driving and he allegedly assaulted her. After the assault, she exited the vehicle on U.S. Route 33 and called 911," Morgan said. He drove away, but was taken into custody by deputies a short time later. That time, he was arrested and charged with domestic violence, felonious assault and resisting arrest.
In other recent incident reports from the sheriff's office:
* A resident in the 22000 block of Treaty Line Road reported unauthorized use of a debit card at 3:09 p.m. Feb. 14.
* Residents in the 15000 block of Valleyview Drive reported the theft of an engagement ring, wedding band and other jewelry at 11:14 a.m. Feb. 16. The estimated value of the items is $8,480.
* One person was transported to Marion General Hospital and a 24-year-old Larue woman was cited for failure to control after a 2001 Chevrolet Malibu went into the ditch and rolled over. The accident occurred in the 9000 block of state Route 47 at 7:25 a.m. Feb. 14.
* One person was transported to Dublin Methodist Hospital at 4:39 p.m. Feb. 17 after a 2007 Toyota Sienna went into the ditch and rolled over on U.S. Route 42 near Harriott Road.
* A 43-year-old Powell woman was arrested and charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated after a traffic stop in the 7000 block of Harriott Road at 10:14 p.m. Feb. 7. She also was cited for failure to drive in marked lanes.
* A 50-year-old Galloway man was cited for failure to control at 8:49 a.m. Feb. 8 after a 2007 GMC truck he was driving struck a telephone equipment box on Darby Pottersburg Road near West Darby Road.
* A 28-year-old Marysville woman was cited for failure to control at 6:57 p.m. Feb. 17 in the 19000 block of Northwest Parkway after a 2004 Chevrolet Impala she was driving crossed the center line and struck a 1995 Toyota T-100.
Marysville police received a report that a television was stolen from a residence on West Fifth Street at 12:40 a.m. Feb. 15.
In other recent incident reports from the Marysville Division of Police:
* At 11:41 a.m. Feb. 16, a relative of a Terrace Court resident reported the home was burglarized and money was taken.
* A resident of Riverwind Drive reported that prescription medication was stolen from the residence at 3:01 p.m. Feb. 16.
* A McAuliffe Place resident reported unauthorized charges to a credit card at 4:15 p.m. Feb. 16.
* An employee at a business on U.S Route 36 reported the theft of power tools at 10:29 a.m. Feb. 17.
* At 8:29 a.m. Feb. 18, a resident of Gallery Lane reported the theft of a tablet computer.
* A 51-year-old Delaware man was charged with driving under suspension on Columbus Avenue at 2:53 p.m. Feb. 17.
* A 36-year-old North Lewisburg man was arrested at U.S. Route 33 and Delaware Avenue and charged with operating a vehicle while impaired and fleeing at 2:51 a.m. Feb. 16.