Marysville police cited a 31-year-old Marysville man for leaving the scene of an accident and failure to control/ weaving after the vehicle he was driving struck several houses in the 600 block of East Sixth Street at 1:38 p.m. Feb. 25.
According to reports, the 1991 Cadillac Fleetwood was traveling east on East Sixth Street near Vine Street when it went left of the centerline, hit a trash can in front of one house, drove onto and off the porch of a second house and then hit the front of another house, leaving a license plate behind. The vehicle hit the front porch of another house before striking the street sign at Sixth and Olive streets and a utility pole.The driver then put the vehicle in reverse and turned toward a postal worker, who jumped out of the way and fell. The driver was apprehended. East Sixth was shut down due to the damaged pole.
In other recent incident reports from the Marysville Division of Police:
* At 9:48 p.m. Feb. 23, a resident of Millington Way reported her cat had been shot and killed with an arrow or crossbow bolt.
* A 26-year-old Marysville woman was arrested and charged with theft at 9:26 p.m. Feb. 24 after she was observed breaking into vehicles in the parking lot at East Fourth and North Plum streets. A GPS unit was stolen and recovered at the scene.
* At 8:10 p.m. Feb. 20, a resident of Timberview Drive reported the theft of money from a bank account.
* At 4:08 p.m. Feb. 22, a resident of Creekview Drive reported someone was using his identity in another state.
* Seven vehicles parking on Millington Way were rummaged through at 7:15 a.m. Feb. 23. Items were reported stolen from some of the vehicles. The vehicles had been left unlocked.
* At 8:50 a.m. Feb. 23, a resident reported a GPS device was stolen from an unlocked vehicle on Sassafras Lane sometime overnight. A second GPS device was reported stolen from another unlocked vehicle on Sassafras Lane at 9:26 a.m. Feb. 23. Deputy Chief Bo Spain said these thefts are likely related to the vehicles that were entered on Millington Way.
* A resident of Stallion Way reported someone rummaged through his two vehicles and stole spare change and a gift card at 2:08 p.m. Feb. 23.
* A resident of West Fifth Street reported that medication was missing from her purse at 2:45 p.m. Feb. 23.
* A television was reported stolen from a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard at 4:39 p.m. Feb. 23. Spain said one individual bought a large TV, then gave the receipt to another person, who used it to retrieve a second TV.
* At 11:47 a.m. Feb. 26, a resident of West Fifth Street reported someone had entered the residence and stolen items.
* A 36-year-old North Lewisburg woman was arrested on an outstanding warrant and for having fictitious plates during a traffic stop on West Sixth Street at Buckeye Street at 9:27 p.m. Feb. 21.
* A 28-year-old Marysville woman was charged with driving under suspension during a traffic stop on Cobblestone Way at 4:43 p.m. Feb. 22.
The Union County Sheriff's Office cited a 47-year-old Kenton man for failure to yield after the 2014 Volvo semi-trailer he was driving struck a 2014 Chevrolet Traverse while making a left turn. The incident happened at 4:29 p.m. Feb. 20 in the area of Honda Parkway and state Route 739. At least one person was injured. The Allen Township Fire Department also responded.
In other recent incident reports from the sheriff's office:
* Deputies assisted units from the Pleasant Valley Fire District and fire departments from Marysville and Allen, Concord, Jerome, Scioto and Washington townships with a house fire in the 10000 block of Watkins Road. Fire officials said no one was injured in the blaze, which happened at 3:56 p.m. Feb. 25. The Jerome Township Division of Fire reported the fire was not considered suspicious and appeared to center around a pellet stove. No damage estimate had been determined.
* A burglary was reported at 6:50 p.m. Feb. 26 at a residence on Railroad Street in Milford Center. Items taken were valued at $12,900 and included a Sony PlayStation 3, games, CDs, DVDs and jewelry.
* Prescription medication was reported stolen from a residence in the 14000 block of U.S. Route 36 at 4:17 a.m. Feb. 22.
* Copper plumbing was reported stolen from a vacant residence in the 26000 block of state Route 37. The home also was damaged during the incident, which was reported at 11:10 a.m. Feb. 22.
* A resident of the 9000 block of Sequoia Court reported the rear windshield of a vehicle parked in a garage was damaged at 2:40 p.m. Feb. 23.
* An employee of a business in the 8100 block of U.S. Route 42 reported check forgery at 2:42 p.m. Feb. 25.
* A vehicle drove through a homeowner's bushes and yard, causing damage, at 9:07 a.m. Feb. 26 in the 9000 block of Jerome Road.