Marysville police and the Union County Sheriff's Office worked together to apprehend and charge a 34-year-old Marysville man who was reported to be driving erratically in the 12000 block of state Route 736 at 6:09 p.m. Feb. 28.
According to reports, a 2007 Honda Civic drove off the road, struck a mailbox, traveled through a ditch and then left the scene. The sheriff's office asked other law enforcement agencies to be on the lookout for the vehicle. Marysville police found the car at 6:54 p.m. Feb. 28 on Southard Road, arrested the driver and charged him with driving a vehicle while intoxicated. The sheriff's office cited the man for failure to control.
In other recent incident reports from the Marysville Division of Police:
* A resident of Chestnut Street reported at 12:53 p.m. Feb. 28 that someone had used her identity to amass a large utility bill.
* A 36-year-old Zanesville woman was arrested and charged with criminal damaging and disorderly conduct at 3:20 a.m. March 1 on West Eighth Street.
* An employee at a business on U.S. Route 36 reported the theft of merchandise at 8:16 a.m. March 1.
* A 20-year-old Marysville woman and a 19-year-old Marysville woman were arrested and charged with theft from a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard at 11:45 p.m. March 1.
* An employee at a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard reported the theft of merchandise at 1:42 a.m. March 4.
* At 1:04 p.m. March 4, a resident of Valley Drive reported someone stole loose change from an unlocked vehicle.
* A resident of West Fifth Street reported at 1:34 p.m. March 4 someone had entered the residence and took money and other personal items.
* A license plate was reported stolen from a vehicle parked at a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard at 3:26 p.m. March 4.
* A 20-year-old Marysville woman was arrested and charged with criminal trespass at a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard at 4:21 p.m. March 4.
* At 7:57 p.m. March 4, a resident of Cinnamon Drive reported someone stole items from an unlocked vehicle.
* A 23-year-old Plain City man was charged with driving under suspension during a traffic stop at Dunham and Columbus avenues at 1:03 p.m. Feb. 27.
* A 27-year-old Marysville man was charged with driving under suspension during a traffic stop at Ash and West Eighth streets at 1:38 p.m. Feb. 28.
* A 20-year-old Milford Center man was charged with driving under suspension during a traffic stop on West Fifth Street at Grove Street at 12:26 p.m. March 2.
One person was transported to Dublin Methodist Hospital after an accident at 9:14 a.m. Feb. 27 on U.S. Route 33 east of Mitchell Dewitt Road. According to the Union County Sheriff's Office, a 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt was struck from behind by an unidentified semi-trailer. The Cobalt then went out of control and struck a 2014 Honda Odyssey that was stopped in the median for a previous crash.
In other recent incident reports from the sheriff's office:
* One patient was transported to Memorial Hospital of Union County after an accident at 1:39 a.m. March 2 on Wheeler Green Road near Wolford Maskill Road. A 2002 Ford truck was struck from behind by a 2010 Ford Escape. A 26-year-old Marysville woman was arrested and charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated and cited for failure to maintain an assured clear distance ahead.
* One patient was transported to Memorial Hospital of Union County after a 2014 Kia Rio struck a utility pole at 9:37 a.m. March 2 in the 26000 block of state Route 31. A 23-year-old Kenton woman was cited for failure to control.
* A resident in the 23000 block of Sandusky Road reported the theft of a snow blower at 11:21 a.m. March 1.
* At 8:47 a.m. March 3, a resident in the 23000 block of state Route 47 reported the theft of a Remington shotgun.
* A 42-year-old Richwood woman was cited for failure to control after the 2003 Dodge Stratus she was driving went into a field at 7:28 a.m. March 1 on state Route 47 east of Bitler Road.
* A 35-year-old Circleville man was cited for failure to control at 11:36 p.m. March 1 in the 21000 block of state Route 161 after the 2002 Mazda Protege he was driving struck a utility pole.
* A 25-year-old Dublin woman was cited for failure to maintain an assured clear distance ahead at 7:09 a.m. March 3 on the U.S. Route 33 offramp to state Route 739 after the 2008 Honda Civic she was driving struck the back of a 2000 Honda Civic that had stopped at a stop sign.