Marysville police are investigating reports of gunfire heard in the early morning hours March 27.
According to a news release, at 1:13 a.m., a caller told police he heard six quick gunshots in the area behind Goodies Galore, 138 E. Fifth St. When officers arrived at the scene, a passerby reported hearing eight to 10 gunshots.
The Union County Sheriff's Office received a 911 call at 1:18 a.m. from a person who heard about 10 gunshots coming from the area of Fourth and Plum streets.
Police located shell casings at the scene but did not see any damage resulting from the shots fired. According to the news release, two persons of interest have been questioned, and a rifle and a handgun were seized as a result of a vehicle search.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or sustained damage to a vehicle, residence or building should call Marysville police at 937-645-7300.
In other recent incident reports from the Marysville Division of Police:
* An employee at a business on Delaware Avenue reported money was stolen from the worker's personal belongings at 1:40 p.m. March 19.
* A 23-year-old Marysville man was arrested and charged with theft at 3:49 p.m. March 20 at a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard.
* At 1:26 p.m. March 24, a resident of Dogwood Drive reported that his storage unit on North Main Street had been broken into and items were stolen.
* An employee of a business on West Fifth Street reported at 1:29 p.m. March 29 receiving several bad checks from a patron.
Union County Sheriff's Office
One person was transported to OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital after a 2008 Chevrolet sedan went off the road, struck a utility pole and rolled over in the 18000 block of state Route 161 at 11:27 a.m. March 22. A deputy and units from the Pleasant Valley Fire District, Jerome Township Fire Department and the Ohio Highway Patrol responded to the accident. Highway patrol officials investigated the crash.
In other recent incident reports from the sheriff's office:
* A resident of the 30000 block of LeMasters Road reported approximately $50 in cash was stolen from a wallet at 7:46 a.m. March 20.
* At 12:46 p.m. March 20, a resident of the 13000 block of Kaiser Road reported a furnace and an air conditioner were stolen.
* A resident in the 6500 block of Lockhart Lane reported the theft of a watch at 10:17 a.m. March 22.
* Seven cases of fish fillets were reported stolen from a parked semi-trailer at 10:13 p.m. March 23 in the 28000 block of state Route 739.
* A 31-year-old Plain City woman was arrested and charged with operating a motor vehicle while under the influence at 2:33 a.m. March 22 as a result of a traffic stop on Middleburg Plain City Road near Streng Road.