The state fire marshal's office is working to determine the cause of a house fire at 27283 Kinney Pike in Claibourne Township at 3:30 a.m. April 12.
Northern Union County Fire Chief Randy Riffle said it took crews about a half-hour and 38,000 gallons of water to get the fire under control. He said the house is a total loss and the cause is undetermined. The house was being remodeled, so no one was home at the time.
The Union County Sheriff's Office as well as fire departments from Battle Run, Marysville, Radnor and Leesburg, Liberty and Scioto townships also responded.
In other recent incident reports from the sheriff's office:
* At 7:56 a.m. April 10, a resident of the 9500 block of Ward Road reported identity theft involving an IRS tax return that was filed using the victim's Social Security number.
* Two people were transported to Memorial Hospital of Union County at 2:09 a.m. April 12 after an assault involving three people was reported at a residence in the 15000 block of Hillview Road.
* A resident of the 12000 block of state Route 736 reported a 2002 Harley-Davidson FHL Electra Glide motorcycle was stolen at 9:58 a.m. April 12.
* A resident of the 19000 block of Bear Swamp Road reported a burglary at 4:43 p.m. April 12. One gun, miscellaneous jewelry and vehicle batteries were stolen.
* At 6:41 p.m. April 13, a Stihl chainsaw was reported stolen from a property in the 20000 block of Coleman Brake Road.
* A resident of the 28000 block of state Route 739 reported the theft of prescription medication at 3:01 p.m. April 14.
* At 6:21 p.m. April 14, a resident of the 17000 block of Robinson Road reported a burglary in which a tablet computer, cellphone and jewelry were stolen.
* A circular saw, a Sawzall, six batteries and a body grinder were reported stolen from a barn in the 10000 block of Crottinger Road at 2:54 p.m. April 16.
* An 18-year-old Hilliard man was cited for failure to maintain an assured clear distance ahead after the 1999 Pontiac Grand Am he was driving struck a 2007 Acura MDX. The accident happened at 3:25 p.m. April 9 in the 7500 block of Industrial Parkway.
* A 31-year-old Grove City man was cited for failure to maintain an assured clear distance ahead after the 2012 Volkswagen Golf he was driving struck a 2005 Chevrolet Equinox. The accident happened at 7:50 a.m. April 11 on the U.S. Route 33 westbound offramp at U.S. Route 42.
Marysville police received a report at 10:48 a.m. April 11 of a possible sexual assault and possession of child pornography at a location on Riverwind Drive. Police said the individual who made the report asked to remain anonymous. The incident is under investigation, and no arrests were made as of late last week. Police said they could not release any additional information at this time.
In other recent incident reports from the Marysville Division of Police:
* A resident of Milford Avenue reported at 9:58 a.m. April 9 that someone stole a debit card from the residence.
* Copper pipe was reported stolen at 11:18 a.m. April 9 from a new house being built on Wilderness Road.
* Tools were reported stolen at 9:13 a.m. April 10 from a shed on Milford Avenue.
* Tools were stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked at a residence on Timberview Drive at 9:20 a.m. April 10.
* At 9:44 a.m. April 11, a resident of Collins Avenue reported someone stole money from his residence.
* A resident of West Ninth Street reported someone entered his residence by force and stole several items at 10:21 a.m. April 11.
* A resident of Collingwood Court reported at 11:04 a.m. April 11 someone stole his wallet from his unlocked vehicle.
* A patron at a business on Charles Lane reported at 2:28 p.m. April 12 that his credit cards, debit card and $15 cash were stolen from his wallet.
* A resident of Carmel Drive reported at 9 a.m. April 15 someone entered the home's garage, which was open, and took items.
* A resident of Grace Drive reported at 4:43 p.m. April 15 someone took items from an unlocked vehicle.
* At 9:45 a.m. April 16, a resident of West Sixth Street reported someone entered a vehicle and took items while it was parked at a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard.
* A 52-year-old Marysville woman was charged with driving under suspension during a traffic stop at 10:12 a.m. April 12 on East Ninth Street. She was arrested on an outstanding warrant through Marysville Municipal Court.
* A 26-year-old Marysville man was charged with driving under suspension during a traffic stop at 3:38 p.m. April 12 on North Maple Street.
* A 34-year-old Columbus man was charged with driving under suspension during a traffic stop at 5:42 p.m. April 12 on West Fourth Street.
* A 21-year-old Marysville man was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia at 12:54 a.m. April 14 during a traffic stop on West Fifth Street.