A small amount of a substance believed to be marijuana and two knives were found inside a vehicle parked at Marysville High School, 800 Amrine Mill Road, during an April 22 drug sweep.
In coordination with local law enforcement, administrators conducted a canine search of the campus as part of an ongoing safety effort. School officials said the search was a proactive approach to keeping drugs out of the building.
Drug-sniffing dogs went through hallways, classrooms and the parking lot. Marysville police, the Union County Sheriff's Office and Bellefontaine police participated in the search.
At no time were staff or students in danger, according to an email from Principal Aaron Cook.
"The good news is that out of a high school of 1,577 students, this one vehicle was the only item found by the canine team," Cook said.
School officials said the items in the vehicle violate the student code of conduct and will be handled through the district's normal disciplinary process.
Police said the student who drove the car to school could be charged with possession of marijuana, pending an analysis of the substance. The student also could face charges for having knives on school property. That will be determined by the Union County Prosecutor's Office.
In other recent incident reports from the Marysville Division of Police:
* A jacket was reported stolen at 9:29 a.m. April 17 from a business on Amrine Mill Road.
* A 36-year-old Marysville woman who lives in the 500 block of Amrine Mill Road was arrested and charged with domestic violence following a physical altercation with her husband at 11:40 a.m. April 19.
* A resident of Emmaus Road reported at 9:24 a.m. April 21 someone made several charges to her bank account while she was out of the country.
* A 47-year-old Unionville Center man was arrested and charged with criminal damaging at 4:53 p.m. April 21 following an incident on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard.
* A resident of Timberview Drive reported at 6:54 p.m. April 21 someone stole jewelry from her residence.
* A resident of Kentucky Circle reported items were stolen from the home's front porch at 1:29 p.m. April 22.
* A Sparrow Drive resident reported at 3:16 p.m. April 22 someone had used the resident's identity to file taxes.
Union County Sheriff's Office
Hitches and crowbars were reported stolen from a property in the 22000 block of Northwest Parkway at 8:48 p.m. April 17, according to reports from the Union County Sheriff's Office.
In other recent incident reports from the sheriff's office:
* A resident of the 23000 block of Hoover Bault reported the theft of tools and NASCAR items at 12:35 p.m. April 18.
* One person was flown by medical helicopter to Nationwide Children's Hospital and another was transported to Memorial Hospital of Union County at 4:11 a.m. April 19 after a 1993 Acura Integra went off Hoskins Road near Sivey Road, drove into a field and then rolled over. Sheriff's deputies as well as the Northern Union County Fire and EMS District and the Ohio State Highway Patrol responded to the accident.
* A trampoline was reported damaged at 9:54 a.m. April 20 in the 8000 block of Avalon Lane.
* A 59-year-old Richwood woman was arrested, charged with domestic violence and transported to the Tri-County Regional Jail at 9:10 p.m. April 20 after a domestic dispute involving a husband and wife in the 30000 block of McPeck Road.
* A resident of the 11000 block of U.S. Route 36 reported the theft of electrical service and an electric meter that had been tampered with at 9:56 a.m. April 21.
* A resident of South Mill Street in Milford Center reported the theft of a lawn mower at 11:40 a.m. April 22.
* A 49-year-old Delaware man was cited for passing on a solid yellow line at 12:10 p.m. April 19 in the 7500 block of Hyland Croy Road after the 2003 Ford F-150 he was driving struck a 2004 Toyota Camry.