Marysville police recovered the remnants of a homemade explosive device at Eljer Park at 7:30 p.m. May 25.
According to reports, officers responded to the soccer fields at the park, 401 E. Ninth St., after someone found parts of a homemade bomb. Officers recovered fragments of an explosive device made from cleaner, aluminum foil and a two-liter bottle.
Two days earlier, police received a report about a loud noise, similar to an explosion, in the area. At the time, the caller reported seeing a small silver Honda and a small red Honda leaving the scene. Police responded but did not find the vehicles or parts of a device.
In other recent incident reports from the Marysville Division of Police:
* Police received a report at 8:57 p.m. May 25 from a resident of Aspen Drive about a sex offense involving a juvenile.
According to Deputy Chief Tony Brooks, the ongoing case involves a 2-year-old boy who was reported to have been sexually abused sometime in the preceding month or months. Police said the suspect is unknown and declined to release additional information.
* Someone at a business in the 300 block of East Fifth Street called 911 at 5:35 a.m. May 25 about a female screaming for help at a residence in the 100 block of South Oak Street. An 18-year-old woman, a 22-year-old man and a 25-year-old man were transported to Memorial Hospital of Union County for possible drug overdoses. The incident remains under investigation, according to police.
* A resident of London Avenue reported at 1:01 p.m. May 21 that a known person stole and pawned the resident's television.
* A Wedgewood Drive resident reported at 4:58 a.m. May 23 that someone stole items from an unlocked vehicle.
* A resident of Scott Farms Boulevard reported at 1:56 p.m. May 24 that several items were taken from her unlocked vehicle.
* A Palm Drive resident reported the theft of jewelry at 10:49 a.m. May 26.
Antiques were reported stolen at 11:30 a.m. May 21 from the 13000 block of U.S. Route 42, according to reports from the Union County Sheriff's Office.
In other recent incident reports from the sheriff's office:
* At 3:34 p.m. May 21, a fiber-optic tester valued at $8,000 was reported stolen from the 8500 block of Rausch Road.
* A resident of West Magnetic Street in Magnetic Springs reported a cellphone valued at $600 was stolen at 8:40 p.m. May 23.
* A resident of the 12000 block of state Route 736 reported at 11:50 a.m. May 24 that a Smith & Wesson semi-automatic handgun worth about $600 was stolen.
* At 6:04 a.m. May 25, an employee of a business in the 8000 block of Corporate Boulevard reported the theft of an enclosed trailer, white plastic fencing, two tables, gauged railroad tracks, two pop-up tents and several train cars. The approximate value of the stolen property is $5,663.
* A tent was reported stolen at 1:17 p.m. May 26 from the 10000 block of Streng Road.