Marysville police received a report Thursday, June 12, about a man who claimed to need help with his car and approached two teenagers who were riding bicycles on Millwood Boulevard in the Mill Valley subdivision.
According to police, the 14- and 15-year-old girls left a restaurant about 1:30 p.m., rode their bikes north on Cobblestone Drive and turned left onto Millwood Boulevard.
The girls stated that as they turned onto Millwood, a white man in a black, four-door, Honda-type car stopped and said he needed help with his car and that his windows were broken. One girl dropped her phone on the sidewalk. The man got out of his car and started to approach them, but noticed she was picking up her phone and got back in his car. He quickly drove westbound into the subdivision, police said.
The girls described the man as 5 feet 10 inches tall, in his 40s, with short hair and glasses, police said. The car had a dent on the driver's door.
The girls rode home and told one of their mothers. The incident was reported to an off-duty Marysville officer about 45 minutes after it occurred. On-duty officers were notified and checked Mill Valley for the vehicle, police said, but it was not located.
In other recent incident reports from the Marysville Division of Police:
* A storage unit at a business on Industrial Parkway was opened and items were taken at 8:51 a.m. June 5.
* An East Fourth Street residence was broken into at 1:48 p.m. June 5.
* A man was seen damaging a vehicle in the parking lot of a Columbus Avenue business at 10:12 p.m. June 5.
* A resident of Sassafras Lane reported the theft of a wedding ring and engagement ring at 1:51 p.m. June 8.
* A Pepper Lane resident reported at 11:14 a.m. June 9 that someone had thrown eggs at her vehicle and her husband's vehicle.
* A resident of Maplegrove Drive reported someone damaged the trees in her yard at 4:44 p.m. June 9.
* A 15-year-old boy was arrested and charged with theft from a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard at 4:35 p.m. June 9.
* A resident of Windmill Drive reported medication was stolen from her vehicle at 9:52 p.m. June 9.
* A resident of Milford Avenue reported at 6:10 p.m. June 11 someone broke a car window with a rock.
A resident of the 20000 block of Westlake Lee Road reported damage to yard items and the theft of a bug zapper at 3:08 p.m. May 28, according to reports from the Union County Sheriff's Office.
In other recent incident reports from the sheriff's office:
* A 39-year-old West Mansfield man was arrested for domestic violence and disrupting public service at 8:59 a.m. May 29, after deputies responded to a domestic assault involving a husband, wife and two children at a residence in the 31000 block of state Route 31.
The man was transported to the Tri-County Regional Jail.
* An employee of a business in the 8000 block of Memorial Drive reported forgery and theft involving checks written on a business account at 9:49 a.m. June 2.
* A resident of the 18000 block of Northwest Parkway reported at 11:44 a.m. June 2 that a fraudulent tax return had been filed under the victim's Social Security number.
* A trailer, generator, welder and miscellaneous tools were reported stolen at 10:09 a.m. June 3 from the 14000 block of U.S. Route 42.
* At 8:01 a.m. June 4, someone broke into a church on Olive Street in Magnetic Springs and stole a 55-inch television, a DVD player, a Nintendo Wii video-game system and a speaker.
* Theft of services and tampering with a water meter were reported at a residence in the 10000 block of Industrial Parkway at 2:11 p.m. June 4.
* An employee of a business in the 21000 block of Northwest Parkway reported the theft of a safe containing approximately $4,000 at 7:03 a.m. June 6.
* A resident in the 9900 block of Mitchell Dewitt Road reported at 12:25 p.m. June 7 that the windshield of a backhoe had been damaged.
* A barn on the property of a business in the 13000 block of U.S. Route 36 was broken into at 9:05 a.m. June 10. Four saws and a laser level were reported stolen.
* Copper wire and copper air conditioner parts were reported stolen at 10:53 a.m. June 10 from a vacant residence in the 26000 block of Lunda Road.
* An assault was reported at 8:27 a.m. June 11 at a business in the 24000 block of Honda Parkway.