A driver who went through a stop sign led a Union County Sheriff's Office deputy on a brief chase before he was arrested and jailed.
According to reports, a deputy on patrol attempted to stop a 2002 Chevrolet Prizm at 2:41 a.m. Aug. 24 on Mill Wood Boulevard after the driver failed to stop for a stop sign. A short pursuit ensued and the Prizm crashed at the intersection of Fawn Meadow Drive and Lone Rise Drive.
Reports said the driver, a 22-year-old Marysville man, was arrested for failure to comply with the order or signal of a police officer and operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. He also was cited for failure to stop for a stop sign and failure to control. He was taken to the Tri-County Regional Jail.
In other recent incident reports from the sheriff's office:
* A resident of the 12000 block of Bell Road reported the theft of tool boxes, wrenches, sockets and air tools at 4:34 p.m. Aug. 22.
* A resident of the 11000 block of U.S. Route 36 reported a burglary at 7:56 p.m. Aug. 22. A flat-screen television and HDMI cable were stolen.
* At 7:46 a.m. Aug. 23, a deputy went to a barn in the 10000 block of Boundary Road to investigate the theft of a John Deere 820 radiator, a fan assembly, two yellow extension cords, a John Deere 50 tractor motor head and two John Deere 730 cast iron tractor fly wheels.
* Three bottles of prescription medication were reported stolen at 11:38 p.m. Aug. 24 from the 10000 block of U.S. Route 42.
* Batteries were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 28000 block of Kinney Pike at 10:30 a.m. Aug. 25.
* A resident in the 11000 block of U.S. Route 36 reported the theft of prescription medication at 7:03 p.m. Aug. 25.
* Scrap metal was reported stolen at 9:50 a.m. Aug. 26 from the 10000 block of Warner Road.
* A 2004 silver Chrysler Sebring was reported stolen at 11:19 a.m. Aug. 26 in the 20000 block of Barker Road. The vehicle was recovered in Logan County.
Marysville police received a theft report from an employee at a business on Delaware Avenue at 11:09 a.m. Aug. 21 stating various items were stolen from the business.
In other recent incident reports from the Marysville Division of Police:
* At 4:24 p.m. Aug. 22, an employee at a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard reported items stolen from the business.
* A 30-year-old man and a 29-year-old woman, both of Powell, were arrested and charged with theft from a Coleman's Crossing Boulevard business at 2:54 p.m. Aug. 23.
* An employee of a business on Watkins Road reported at 9:22 a.m. Aug. 26 that wheels and tires were stolen from two cars at the business.
* At 9:57 a.m. Aug. 26, an employee at a business on Watkins Road reported two dealer license plates had been stolen from vehicles parked at the business.
* An employee at a business on Square Drive reported at 8:24 p.m. Aug. 23 that a patron stole some lottery tickets.
* An employee at a business on Coleman's Crossing Boulevard was pepper sprayed at 12:52 a.m. Aug. 23 during an attempt to detain a shoplifter.
* A resident of Bay Laurel Drive reported at 11:25 a.m. Aug. 22 unauthorized purchases had been made on a credit card.
* A resident of Allenby Drive reported fraudulent activity on several accounts at 3:59 p.m. Aug. 22.
* At 7:27 p.m. Aug. 22, a resident of Damos Way reported someone used his identity to open two cellphone lines and obtain two cellphones.
* At 8:58 a.m. Aug. 26, a resident of South Oak Street reported various items were stolen from the residence.