Veriano Fine Foods & Spirits LTD, which manufactures Tessora Limone liqueur, will build a new production and distribution facility in New Albany.

Veriano Fine Foods & Spirits LTD, which manufactures Tessora Limone liqueur, will build a new production and distribution facility in New Albany.

The company's growth, with new opportunities to market other products currently under development, led to this move, said George Vergits, who co-owns Veriano with his wife, Linda.

"We launched Tessora in New Albany, and we're so excited to build our facility here," George Vergits said. "New Albany is a vibrant and dynamic community that supports businesses both large and small, and we hope to add to New Albany's appeal as a unique destination in central Ohio."

Veriano is committing to build a new 10,000-square-foot facility in the New Albany Business Park on Zarley Street. Roughly 60 percent of the facility will be used for production and warehouse space. The remaining 40 percent will be office and public space.

The company will not receive a property-tax incentive for the project, but New Albany City Council on March 20 approved a 25-percent job-creation tax credit for seven years and a $45,000 right-of-way infrastructure grant for 0.28 acre.

The right-of-way grant is based on a recent assessment of the fair market value of the property, city spokesman Scott McAfee said.

For the city, Veriano's new facility presents an opportunity to improve public infrastructure in the Zarley Street area, McAfee said.

"We've been wanting to have a second road into Zarley. There's only one road to get into Zarley, and that's off (U.S. Route) 62," he said. After the new facility is constructed, "there will be an in-point and an out-point at Zarley."

Veriano currently has two full-time and three part-time employees. In the next three years, the company expects to have seven full-time and three part-time employees, with 11 full-time and four part-time employees in the fifth year.

Veriano estimates that it now has about 400 customers throughout Ohio. A second Veriano product, Tessora Limoncello Classico, has received federal approval, and production is slated for release in the second quarter of 2012. The company's business plan for the next five years includes saturation of the top 25 U.S. markets, as well as Canadian markets. Based on available markets and new products, Veriano expects a 25-percent to 30-percent growth rate annually during the next 10 years.