School Resource Officer Kevin Deckop of the New Albany Police Department had a busy day Nov. 6, as he dealt with a weapon brought to New Albany Middle School and a suspected drug transaction at New Albany High School.
According to New Albany police reports, middle school Assistant Principal Steve Gehlert called police at 9:30 a.m. Nov. 6 and reported a student had brought a Swiss Army knife to the school, 6600 East Dublin Granville Road. Deckop reported that the student asked other students if they wanted to see the knife.
The incident was reported to the principal and the student was sent home, reports said. Deckop spoke to the student's parents and it was decided that any disciplinary action would be taken by the school and no charges were filed.
New Albany High School, 7600 Fodor Road, reported a possible drug transaction at 11:29 a.m. Nov. 6. According to the police report, a teacher overheard two students talking about a drug transaction that occurred before school in the lunchroom.
The two students were called into the office and interviewed. Police asked to review the students' text messages on each of their phones.
Deckop reported that one student admitted to the exchange of money for a debt but neither admitted to having or buying drugs. No narcotics were found on either student and no charges were filed.
In other recent New Albany Police Department incident reports:
* A 20-year-old woman and a 20-year-old man were arrested for drug abuse and possession of drug paraphernalia at 10:58 p.m. Nov. 5 in the 8000 block of Parsons Pass.
* Criminal trespassing was reported at 1:59 p.m. Nov. 8 at a business in the 5000 block Zarley Street when someone tried to break in through the front door.
* An employee of a business in the 7000 block of West Campus Road reported telephone harassment at 2:53 p.m. Nov. 8.
* A Motorola two-way radio valued at $100 was found at 2:30 p.m. Nov. 8 on Kitzmiller Road.
* A digital camera and accessories valued at $1,800 were taken at 9:53 a.m. Nov. 4 from a car parked outside the New Albany K-1 building, 5101 Swickard Woods Blvd.
* A mailbox on South High Street was reported damaged at 9:45 a.m. Oct. 26.