The theft of $23,115 was reported to New Albany police at 10:42 a.m. Dec. 10 by a business on High Street.
The money reportedly was transferred from one bank account into another without permission.
In other recent incident reports from the New Albany Police Department:
* Tools valued at $4,158 were reported stolen at 8:30 a.m. Dec. 3 from a construction site in the 8000 block of Smith's Mill Road.
* $200 was reported missing at 8:03 a.m. Dec. 3 from a business in the 200 block of Main Street.
* The back window of a vehicle was reportedly damaged at 1:53 a.m. Dec. 6 in the 7000 block of Doran Drive. The vehicle was parked in a residential driveway.
* A person left without paying $36.26 for gasoline at 4:36 p.m. Dec. 10 at a gas station on Granville Street.
* A 23-year-old man was arrested on an outstanding warrant for failure to register at 10:40 a.m. Dec. 14 on Village Hall Road.