* Faraz Rahman, son of Mahmudur and Zaheda Rahman of New Albany, graduated from the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine with a degree of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine at May commencement.
Rahman received his bachelor's degree in pharmaceutical sciences from the Ohio State University in 2007. He is a 2003 graduate of Gahanna Lincoln High School.
He plans to enter a physical medicine and rehabilitation program at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore.
* The University of Cincinnati recently announced the names of students who earned dean's list recognition for the spring 2012 semester.
New Albany students named to the list include: Caroline Beaulieu, Jenelle Bortz, Amy Boscarillo, Daniel Brittan, Evan Franz, Sean Klopfenstein, John Marth, Raleigh Pierson, Evan Schneider, Yiren Wang, Cameron Whiteman and Tyler Wickiser.
* The University of Cincinnati recently announced the names of students who received degrees at its spring 2013 commencement.
Cindy Sutantio of New Albany received a master's degree.
* Chris Andrews of New Albany received a bachelor's degree in education from the University of Findlay at its May 2013 commencement.
* Kent State University recently announced the names of students recognized on its president's and dean's lists for the spring 2013 semester.
Riju Dasgupta of New Albany made the president's list. To qualify for the president's list, full-time students must have a semester average of 4.0 and must have completed 15 or more letter-graded credit hours by the end of the semester.
Students named to the dean's list include: William Raybuck, Sarah Shahbodaghi, Amanda Slutsky and Amanda Weisgerber.
To be named to the dean's list, full-time students must have achieved a grade point average of 3.40 or greater and must have completed 12 or more letter-graded credit hours.
* Ohio Dominican University recently announced the names of students included on its 2013 spring semester dean's list.
Erin Welch of New Albany was among those on the list.