The New Albany Police Department investigated four cases involving drugs and alcohol found during traffic stops from Aug. 16 to 24:
* Police cited an 18-year-old man for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at 5:27 a.m. Aug. 16 after he was found sleeping in a vehicle in the 8000 block of Butterworth Green Drive.
An officer woke the man and noticed what was believed to be a small bag of marijuana in the vehicle's center console. The vehicle was searched and officers found a glass pipe with burnt residue in it and a metal grinder, the police report states.
The items were confiscated and the man was released from the scene, according to the police report.
* Police cited a 26-year-old woman for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia following a traffic stop at 2:58 a.m. Aug. 17 on Johnstown Road at Clouse Road.
The woman was stopped for several moving violations, including failing to stay in marked lanes, according to the police report.
Upon checking her information, officers found out she was under license forfeiture suspension. Officers were given permission to search the vehicle and found a glass pipe with burnt residue and a small amount of marijuana.
She was driven home and notified of her court date, the report said.
* Police arrested a 19-year-old woman for OVI and underage consumption at 3:13 a.m. Aug. 23 on Worthington Road south of Beech Road.
She was stopped for speeding and crossing a double yellow line when turning. After the vehicle was stopped, the officer smelled alcohol and noticed a tequila box in the back seat and an open case of beer in the vehicle, according to the report.
The officer conducted three field sobriety tests and noticed indications of impairment in each test, the report said.
* Police arrested a 21-year-old man on an outstanding warrant of failing to appear in court after he was stopped for a potential traffic violation at 9:35 a.m. Aug. 24 on Johnstown Road at Kitzmiller Road.
Officers learned of the outstanding warrant against him and searched the vehicle, where they found marijuana in the vehicle's center console, according to the report.
He was cited for drug abuse in the incident, the report said.
In other recent incident reports from the New Albany Police Department:
* Police are investigating the theft of $4,000 in tools taken between 3:30 and 4:25 p.m. Aug. 22 from a construction site in the 7000 block of Walton Parkway.
The tools were removed from a truck that was damaged in the incident, the police report said.
* Police are investigating the theft of $60 and a debit card at 3:12 p.m. Aug. 20 from a vehicle parked on Zarley Street.
The vehicle was unlocked, the police report said.
The debit card was used at several places in Reynoldsburg after it was stolen, the report said.