A 32-year-old woman who lives in a motel on East Dublin-Granville Road reported at 2:06 p.m. July 20 that an argument an hour earlier a block from her residence had turned into a physical altercation.
* A 32-year-old woman who lives in a motel on East Dublin-Granville Road reported at 2:06 p.m. July 20 that an argument an hour earlier a block from her residence had turned into a physical altercation. A 27-year-old resident of Kings Highland Drive was taken into custody and charged with assault, according to the report.
* Residents of an apartment complex on Hulmac Drive North reported hearing shots fired at 4:36 a.m. July 20. Officers responding to the scene recovered bullet casings, according to the report, which also stated witnesses who did not want to be identified said they saw a dark colored SUV leaving the parking lot after they heard the shots.
* A resident of Polo Drive South reported at 8:43 a.m. July 19 that the Internal Revenue Service had alerted him that someone has used his personal information to work several different jobs during 2011. The 40-year-old man said he knew nothing of this until he received a notice about owing taxes.
* A 42-year-old Ivywood Lane woman reported at 10:15 p.m. July 20 that a verbal altercation with a person in the 5800 block of Columbus Square had turned physical and that her children, ages 20 and 12, were bitten during the incident.
* An 11-year-old girl reported at 11:50 p.m. July 17 that she had been the victim of a sexual assault that occurred after March 1. The information was turned over to the Sexual Assault Bureau.
* A Homestead Drive woman reported at 3:52 p.m. July 17 that she had been attacked while in a motel room on Zumstein Drive. She said a female acquaintance punched her in the face several times and used scissors to cut off some of her hair. A 40-year-old man who also lives in the motel said that while this was going on, an "unknown male threatened to cut him up."
* A Shanley Drive resident reported at 6:15 p.m. July 17 that two men he didn't know attacked him from behind a little more than an hour earlier. The victim, 38, said his wallet was stolen, along with a lottery ticket he reported was worth $5 and a $200 cell phone.
* A 20-year-old Blossom Avenue woman told officers at 12:15 p.m. July 16 that her ex-boyfriend had stolen her purse in the 5700 block of Cleveland Avenue. She valued the handbag at $1.
* A 61-year-old Ironwood Court woman told police at midnight July 16 that an ongoing dispute with a neighbor over a parking space resulted in her being threatened with physical harm. The alleged victim, who was accused of throwing water at the other woman over the parking spot, said the threat occurred after she confronted the individual regarding the situation.
* Employees at the Bob Evans restaurant, 960 E. Dublin Granville Road, reported a person "pulled a short-change scam" on a new employee at 9:30 p.m. July 15, making off with $227 in cash.