Columbus police reports
* A 23-year-old Zumstein Drive woman reported at 7:48 a.m. Aug. 12 that she had been beaten and stabbed behind a bar on Mediterranean Drive slightly less than an hour earlier. She said her purse and $50 in cash were taken, along with credit cards and her driver's license.
* Four youths ranging in age from 9 to 15 reported being attacked by four other youths in the 4200 block of Goldengate Square West at 5 p.m. Aug. 11.
* A 46-year-old Worthington woman said a man exposed himself to her and her daughter in the Emporium Square shopping center at Cleveland Avenue and East Dublin-Granville Road at 11:30 a.m. Aug. 11.
* A 47-year-old Kristin Court resident reported at 11:47 p.m. Aug. 11 that she had been attacked and robbed the day before. She said she was in a parking lot on Belcher Drive when she was struck in the face and had her clothing torn in the process of being robbed of $450 in jewelry, a $100 cellphone and a back massager valued at $30.
* A 22-year-old man who lives in an East Dublin-Granville Road motel room said he was attacked at 3:05 a.m. Aug. 10. He said he had stepped outside his room and "out of nowhere" someone struck him on the right side of the head with a blunt object and then ran off. The man's injuries were minor and no treatment was required, police reports said.
* A case of embezzlement involving $16,000 was reported at a Zumstein Drive motel at 11:16 a.m. Aug. 10. The individual filing the report said the crime occurred between July 9-22.
* Threatening messages scrawled on a stall in the women's restaurant at a school for alternative medicine on Doubletree Avenue were reported to officers at 2:17 p.m. Aug. 9. The messages, which specifically named an individual, were first discovered at 11 a.m. that day, according to reports.
* A 29-year-old Belcher Drive woman told officers at 2:31 a.m. Aug. 9 that she and a friend got into an argument with two other women while dancing at a Morse Road bar. According to the report, after the bar owner forced the parties to go to separate areas, one of the women continued to make comments and point at the victim, at which point the owner ordered her to leave. The victim said she was punched in the face by one of the women as they were walking out.
* A foreclosed home on Thurell Road was broken into sometime after July 2, according to a report filed at 1:46 p.m. Aug. 9. Gold spray paint was used to create graffiti in three of the rooms; food and other items were thrown around; and the carpet was ripped up in an upstairs family room, according to the responding officer, who estimated damage at $3,000.
* A Carahan Road resident reported at 11:16 p.m. Aug. 8 that he had received 22 threatening text messages and several emails from relatives in Kingsport, Tenn. The 18-year-old said he is supposed to testify in a court case against his father in Tennessee, which he believes is the reason behind the threats from his aunt and a cousin.
* At 12:22 p.m. Aug. 7, an employee of an alternative-medicine school reported that while opening mail, she came across a letter threatening a "Virginia Tech-type incident" if a certain instructor there continued to fail students.
* A 19-year-old Vesta Avenue woman said she was in the restaurant at 8:58 p.m. Aug. 6 when a woman started calling her names and pulled a scarf from her head before a fight ensued. A security guard pulled the two apart, according to the report, and the assailant fled the scene in a Lincoln SUV.