Two 26-year-old women reported to Columbus police that two men attempted to rob them at gunpoint while they were in a parked car at the rear of a business on East Dublin-Granville Road at 11:32 p.m. Oct. 6.
The women said they were sitting in the car when they were startled to find that a man had arrived "out of nowhere" and was standing in front of their vehicle. One woman said she locked the car's door, after which a second suspect came up and tried to open the driver's side door. The two women said they drove away after one of the men pulled a gun and pointed it at them.
Other recent incident reports made to Columbus police included:
* A 46-year-old Jewett Drive resident contacted police on Oct. 7 at 10:10 p.m. to report that she had been threatened. The woman said that slightly more than two hours earlier a man had stated he was going to "put her six feet under." She was referred to the prosecutor's office.
* The resident of an apartment on Zumstein Drive said he was assaulted and robbed at 1 a.m. Oct. 6. The 50-year-old man said $6 worth of quarters and a bottle of vodka valued at $10 were taken from him.
* The manager of Dairy Queen, 1519 Schrock Road said the business was robbed at 7:23 p.m. Oct. 6.
* A Brookfield man reported that two men jumped into his car at 11:30 p.m. Oct. 6 while he was driving on East Dublin-Granville Road near Satinwood Drive. The victim, 19, said the duo made him drive around for a while before forcing him out of the vehicle. The stolen car was recovered and returned to the owner.
* A Malin Street man said he was robbed at gunpoint by four people at 8:30 p.m. Oct. 6. The 21-year-old victim said he was struck over the head with a gun before the robbers took $630 in cash from him and fled to a nearby apartment. The reporting officer said he was unable to contact anyone at the apartment pointed out by the victim, who refused medical treatment.
* A 23-year-old Blue Jay Drive resident reported being robbed of $100 in cash by more than one person in the 1400 block of Schrock Road at 1:20 a.m. Oct. 5.
* A 35-year-old woman and a girl, 15, reported they were attacked in the parking lot of a North Meadows Boulevard apartment. The alleged assailants told officers it was the other way around, that the woman and the girl had attacked them.
* A Webster Canyon Court woman said she was assaulted by a man she knows only by his street name of "Chicago" after the two got into a verbal dispute at 12:15 p.m. Oct. 4. The 34-year-old woman said the two were arguing over a cell phone when the man first struck her over the head with a shoe and then punched her in the face with his fist twice.
* A Birchland Court resident said three men pulled him from his car at Morse and Heaton roads at 4:03 a.m. Oct. 4, cut him with a knife and attempted to take his wallet.
* A 41-year-old Sanborn Place resident reported he was robbed at gunpoint at 1:45 a.m. Oct. 3 while he was walking in the parking lot of a Zumstein Drive motel. He said he was approached by a man who asked if he had any "loot," according to the report. When told no, the robber pushed the other man to the ground, pointed a small black handgun at him and demanded money. The assailant fled after receiving the cash. He was not found during a search of the area, the report said.