A man who was robbed on Oct. 7 contacted police at 10:53 a.m. Oct. 11 to say he had awakened in a hospital after being beaten with baseball bats.
The 40-year-old, who gave his address as a motel on Zumstein Drive, said he had been attacked by more than one person at 7:30 p.m. four days earlier. He filed the report after being discharged from the hospital, where he was treated for a broken jaw, broken right arm and several lacerations. The man said after he was knocked unconscious, he was robbed of $100 in cash, a $20 cell phone and a Rolex watch worth $1,500.
In other police news:
* A 34-year-old resident of a motel on East Dublin-Granville Road reported he was robbed at 12:20 a.m. Oct. 12 at the motel. The stolen items included a $600 cell phone, $300 in cash and a blue hoodie with white sleeves valued at $40.
* A 44-year-old man said he waited a day to file a report of a robbery at Morse Road and Tamarack Boulevard because he was scared. He said the crime occurred at 7 p.m. Oct. 10 after he got off a COTA bus. He said that a group of six to eight people, ranging in age from 16 to 26, approached him. He said he recognized one of them from having worked with him 10 years earlier. After a short conversation, the man said some in the group grabbed his backpack, emptied it and then ran into an apartment building. Sports outfits valued at $200 and intended for the victim's children were stolen.
* Two girls, ages 6 and 7, said they were shot with a BB gun on Hulmac Drive at 7:45 p.m. Oct. 11.
* A man who lives on Roche Place filed reported at 12:45 a.m. Oct. 11 he had been threatened with a baseball bat 30 minutes earlier.
* A Gahanna woman, 19, said she was waiting for a ride outside her doctor's office on Cleveland Avenue at 9:30 a.m. Oct. 10 when a man in a tan vehicle attempted to entice her into the car. The woman, who filed the report at 12:10 p.m. Oct. 11, said the man's actions so unnerved her that she went back into the doctor's office to get away from him.
* A 45-year-old man who lives in a North Meadows Boulevard apartment said he was robbed by several people as he was walking home at 4 p.m. Oct. 9. He said the robbers took $500 in cash, along with $100 worth of miscellaneous tools and clothing worth $50.
* An assault was reported inside an East Dublin-Granville Road business at 10 a.m. Oct. 9. A 22-year-old Bridlington Lane resident said his two assailants entered the store and told the manager they wanted to speak with him. The man said one attacker punched him 10 times while the second person egged his companion on, urging him to strike the victim harder, according to police.