A continuing argument was accompanied by escalating attacks Nov. 9 on a 19-year-old Columbus man, according to police.
The man, a resident of Oak Street, told officers he got into an argument with a woman on Fiesta Court at 11:34 a.m. Nov. 9. He said he walked out of the home during the argument, but the woman followed him outside, striking him on the head and biting his arm.
He said they calmed down and returned inside, but the argument resumed and this time, the woman hit him with a small barbell.
In other police reports:
* A Ken Ross Drive resident reported being beaten up by several people on North Meadows Boulevard at 12:18 p.m. on Nov. 11.
The 20-year-old man was initially taken to St. Ann's Hospital but was later transferred to Mount Carmel West for treatment. The report of the incident was taken at Mount Carmel at 6:50 p.m.
* A 19-year-old Clarkston Avenue woman told police at 10:30 a.m. Nov. 11 she had been assaulted 20 minutes earlier at an East Dublin-Granville motel. She said her assailant had fled the scene.
* A woman scheduled to give testimony in a court case said she was threatened by the defendant at 3 a.m. on Nov. 8 in the 6000 block of Sinclair Road.
* A 14-year-old girl reported she was attacked at 2:32 p.m. Nov. 7 on Northcliff Drive. The girl said her assailant ran up to her, pulled her hair and attempted to bite her neck. She said he then did bite her cheek, after which he pulled her shirt up and tried to pull her pants down. A witness who was next to the girl at the time corroborated part of her story, according to police, but said he wasn't certain if it was an assault of if "she was just playing around." The report was filed the day after the incident.
* A Slippery Rock Drive resident reported his 1999 Jeep Cherokee, worth $1,000, was stolen at gunpoint at 2:15 p.m. Nov. 7. The man said that the vehicle contained $1,500 worth of tools.
* A girl, 17, said a firecracker exploded in her face after it was thrown at her on at 9 a.m. Nov. 6 on Karl Road. She was unable to provide a description of her assailant. Although she said she experienced some minor pain on the left side of her face, the reporting officer said there were no visible injuries.
* A 26-year-old Westerville woman expecting a ride to a treatment facility for her addiction instead was punched in the head and face several times, she told officers at 8:19 a.m. Nov. 6. The woman said the assault took place at a motel on Zumstein Drive at 7:30 that morning.
* A 34-year-old Dublin man reported that he was so intent on his iPhone 3 while on Sandalwood Boulevard at 7:20 p.m. Nov. 5 that he didn't notice the people who walked past him until one of them hit him in the back of the head and stole the $300 cell phone.
* A 22-year-old man reported several people assaulted him at the intersection of Shapter Avenue and Boardwalk Street at 8:15 a.m. Nov. 5. The man reported the incident the following day at 10:32 a.m. He said his assailants stole his $250 cell phone during the attack.