A 30-year-old man told police he was in the basement of his home on Deewood Loop South at 1 p.m. Nov. 29 when he heard his kitchen door being kicked in. He said he remained hiding in the basement until a man came downstairs, pointed a gun at him and demanded to know where "Matt" kept his drugs.
The resident said he remained face down on the floor until he heard a woman speaking with the robber, who was rummaging about the place. Both eventually left, according to the report, taking with them a $200 cell phone, two flat-screen televisions valued at $2,500 and a $300 gaming system.
The resident said he doesn't know anyone named Matt, let alone where he might keep his drugs.
In other Columbus police reports:
* A 22-year-old man was charged with robbery at 5:59 a.m. Dec. 2 near the intersection of Busch Boulevard and East Dublin-Granville Road after a Roche Drive resident said he approached her in her car and showed her a gun in his pants pocket.
The woman, 41, contacted police and was able to point out the man who attempted to gain entry to her vehicle. The man, who has no known address, was detained until detectives could arrive to arrest him for attempting to rob the woman.
* Employees reported the CVS drugstore at 2100 E. Dublin-Granville Road was robbed at 8:58 p.m. Dec. 1.
* A 31-year-old man and a 27-year-old woman were charged with disorderly conduct at 12:30 a.m. Dec. 1 after they were found intoxicated in the 1400 block of Schrock Road, a police report indicated.
* A North Meadows Court man, 44, reported several rounds were fired into his 2006 Nissan Xterra 3 while it was parked outside his apartment at 12:01 a.m. Dec. 1. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
* A 27-year old Red Robin Road woman said she was arguing with another person about a book bag at her home when that person punched her in the face at 7:35 a.m. on Nov. 30. She had no visible injuries and declined medical treatment, the reporting officer stated.
* Officers were summoned to the scene of a possible assault at a gas station on Maple Canyon Avenue at 9:30 p.m. Nov. 30. They found a 28-year-old Hilltop woman who said another woman had spit at her during a dispute. The alleged spitter said she had merely spit out her gum, but a friend of the first woman corroborated her story.
* An attempted kidnapping of a 22-year-old Webster Canyon Court resident was reported at 11:55 a.m. Nov. 28. The victim said a man pulled his car up beside him at the intersection of East Dublin-Granville and Karl roads and ordered him to get in. He said the man then grabbed his jacket and tried to drag him into the vehicle, but he was able to break away.
* A woman living in a Tacoma Road apartment reported at 5:44 p.m. Nov. 27 she found pieces of paper with the word "Die" written on them hanging in her bedroom and that of her daughter when she arrived home. She also said pieces of fruit, a carton of ice cream and other containers from her refrigerator had knives stuck in them.
* A 27-year-old Sharon Green Drive man said he was punched in the face at 1 p.m. Nov. 26 after getting into an argument with another man over an iPad. However, his moth told police her son started the fight, according to the report.
* A 21-year-old man said he was attacked by three people he doesn't know, nor does he understand what they have against him. The latest incident, according to police, occurred at 3:15 p.m. Nov. 26 on Heaton Road, not far from the victim's Hulmac Drive South apartment. According to police, the man said the three "have attacked him before in the past but he doesn't know them or know why they keep attacking him."
* A Glouchester Avenue resident reported at 4:20 p.m. Nov. 21 two of his tires had been slashed. The 31-year-old man also said that his car as well as those belonging to some of his neighbors had been scored with a key "a while back."