Vandals cause $10,000 damage to apartment
Vandals caused more than $10,000 in damages to an apartment on Busch Boulevard.
According to an employee of the management company for the complex, the vandalism involved the entire interior of the unit and took place sometime after 9 a.m. on Dec. 30. The incident was reported to police at 9:47 a.m. Jan. 4.
In other Columbus police reports:
* The Subway store in the 5000 block of Cleveland Avenue was robbed at 4:34 p.m. on Jan. 4. Crime scene technicians were summoned to obtain fingerprints at the restaurant, according to the report.
* A North Meadows Boulevard man, 33, contacted police on Jan. 5 at 1:20 p.m. to complain that his roommate had assaulted him. He was referred to the prosecutor's office.
* A 43-year-old West Pine Street woman said she was pushed down and robbed of her purse in the parking lot of her apartment complex at 10:18 p.m. Jan. 5. A $5 cell phone and some personal checks were among the items taken.
* A Busch Boulevard man said he was beaten and robbed of $65 in cash at the intersection of Satinwood Drive and Pegwood Court at 9:52 a.m. Jan. 4.
* A Case Road man, 35, was charged with disorderly conduct at 1:59 a.m. Jan. 2 in the 2400 block of East Dublin-Granville Road.
* A 36-year-old Karl Road resident said he was on his way to a gas station to get a money order for his rent when two men stopped him and asked for a cigarette at Karl and Red Robin roads at 7:30 a.m. Jan. 2. After giving one of the men a cigarette, the man said he was robbed at gunpoint of $650.
* A Westerville man, 19, said he was robbed at gunpoint of a $700 cell phone in the 4200 block of Goldengate Square West between 4 and 5 p.m. Jan. 2.
* A 21-year-old Blacklick man was charged with assault at 2:30 a.m. Jan. 1 following what a police report described as a bar fight in the 1400 block of Schrock Road.
* A COTA bus driver who refused to give a passenger a free transfer reported the man threatened him at 12:37 p.m. Jan. 1 at the intersection of Karl Road and Karl Court.
* A 53-year-old Northwest Side man said he was leaving an apartment in the 800 block of East Dublin-Granville Road at 2:30 a.m. Jan. 1 when two men approached him the parking lot, asking for drugs. When he told them he didn't have any, according to the report, the two men began to beat the man, and they were soon joined by two other people. The man said he was robbed of $400 in cash.
* A Zumstein Drive resident reported being robbed at gunpoint between noon and 1 p.m. Dec. 31. The victim, 41, said he was relieved of his wallet, $68 in cash, a $50 cell phone and a pack of cigarettes.