Guns, ammunition stolen from parked car
A resident of Zumstein Drive reported to Columbus police that his car was broken into and two weapons were stolen between 9 p.m. Jan. 11 and 10:45 a.m. Jan. 12.
Damage to the 84-year-old man's car was estimated at $400, according to Columbus police reports. A semi-automatic AK47 rifle worth $300 and a sawed-off shotgun also valued at $300 were taken from the vehicle, along with a cloth gun case and some ammunition for both guns.
In other recent Columbus Division of Police incident reports:
* A 34-year-old Laurelwood Court man told police he was robbed of his wallet and cell phone at 1:25 a.m. Jan. 12 near the intersection of Laurelwood Drive and Maple Canyon Avenue. He said he lost $215 in cash and that the cell phone was worth $300.
* A 44-year-old East Dublin-Granville Road resident called police at 11:01 p.m. Jan. 13 to report that she had been assaulted at her home by an ex-boyfriend at 11 a.m. Dec. 17.
* A 22-year-old East Side woman reported at 11:23 p.m. Jan. 11 she had been assaulted two days earlier at the intersection of Busch Boulevard and East Dublin-Granville Road. She said she was pushed to the ground at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 9 and suffered scraped knees.
* A Grove City man, 30, said he was visiting his girlfriend in her Doewood Court home when he sat on his gun and it went off. This took place on Jan. 9 at 9 p.m. The report said the man was not struck by the bullet, but that he did suffer powder burns and transported himself to Mount Carmel St. Ann's Hospital for treatment.
* Officers responding to a report of a rape in progress at a motel on Sinclair Road at 12:24 p.m. Jan. 8 wound up investigating a possible robbery. According to the report, the suspect in the crime fled the scene as they arrived, but was apprehended a short time later.
The 31-year-old victim and a witness both identified the individual, and the case was turned over to a robbery detective, the report stated.
* A 17-year-old boy said he was robbed of a $150 graphing calculator by several people at 3:10 p.m. Jan. 7. The incident took place at the intersection of Brookfield and Brimfield roads.
* A 22-year-old woman reported being assaulted at 5:03 a.m. Jan. 5 at a home on Stonecastle Drive while she was in the process of erasing numerous nude photos of herself she had taken with a man's cell phone.
According to police reports, she said he tried to grab the phone away from her and pushed her backward by the throat.
The man told police the woman became upset when his current girlfriend called while he and the victim were in bed together.