A man told Columbus police he was unloading items from a vehicle at his Kings Highland Drive West residence at 9 p.m. Jan. 26 when someone struck him in the back of the head, knocking him unconscious.
A man told Columbus police he was unloading items from a vehicle at his Kings Highland Drive West residence at 9 p.m. Jan. 26 when someone struck him in the back of the head, knocking him unconscious. Police reports said the victim awoke to discover his vehicle stolen. It later was recovered in the 1100 block of Morse Road, evidently having been involved in a roll-over crash and missing both its front and rear license plates, according to reports.
In other recent Columbus Division of Police incident reports:
* A Youngstown man contacted police at 10:31 a.m. Jan. 27 to report his ex-girlfriend attacked him as he was attempting to leave her Arborwood Drive home.
The man said his former girlfriend became upset and "started to scream and become violent." As the man was walking out the front door, the suspect "picked up a shoe and hit the reporting person in the back of the head."
The man said his ex-girlfriend then scratched the hood, doors and trunk of his car, causing $500 in damage.
* A Genesee Avenue man was arrested at 8:20 p.m. Jan. 27 and charged with the armed robbery of the Speedway store at 821 E. Dublin-Granville Road.
* A Tattersail Court man told police he was beaten up and robbed of his wallet, valued at $100, and a $500 cellphone in the 1400 block of Schrock Road at 2:30 a.m. Jan. 25.
* A woman reportedly concealed a bottle of alcohol in her purse and attempted to leave a liquor store on Morse Road at 9:20 p.m. Jan. 25. A store employee said when he confronted her, she struck him in the nose and fled.
* A North Fourth Street resident told officers that he was attacked by six teenagers at 8:26 p.m. Jan. 25 while he was riding his bicycle at the intersection of Carahan and Sharbot roads. He said his assailants knocked him to the ground and kicked him while he was down.
* A robbery was reported at the intersection of Deewood Drive and Doewood Court at 8:54 p.m. Jan. 25. The victim, a resident of Kingshill Drive, told officers he was "trying to buy weed" when the would-be sellers instead attacked him, stealing his $200 cellphone and $60 in cash.
* Two teenage boys from Worthington said they were robbed at a Sunderland Drive home at 6:21 p.m. Jan. 23. The victims said they were relieved of a total of $330 in cash and a $700 iPhone.
* A Hilliard woman said she was the victim of an assault at 7:51 p.m. Jan. 22 when a $10 bill fell out of her coat while she was in the 1300 block of Morse Road. She said she was struck in the face with a fist in a struggle over the money.
* A boy told officers he was robbed at gunpoint while walking behind a Penworth Road home at 3:12 p.m. Jan. 21. The youth said his $60 backpack, $12 worth of snacks and candy, $160 basketball shoes and a basketball valued at $74 were stolen from him.