Aggravated robbery leaves woman badly injured
Columbus police officers responding to a report of an aggravated robbery on Avenue Chateau Du Nord at 1:17 a.m. Jan. 20 found a woman who was injured badly enough to require ambulance transportation to Riverside Methodist Hospital. Another victim was identified as a Dublin man, reports said. A total of $550 in cash and a denim purse valued at $300 reportedly were taken in the incident.
In other Columbus police reports:
* A Galloway woman reported being the victim of an assault by more than one individual in the 6200 block of Busch Boulevard at 2:30 a.m. Jan. 20.
* A woman told police that a prowler had been watching her through a window of her Covington Road apartment at 10:30 p.m. Jan. 20.
* Two men, one from Sunbury and the other a Westerville resident, reported being punched by two other men for no reason in a Schrock Road convenience store at 6:11 a.m. Jan. 19. The first victim said when he walked into the store, a customer already inside demanded to know what he was looking at. When the Sunbury resident made no reply, he told police he was punched in the face four or five times. His friend attempted to break up the fight, but a second individual in the store punched him in the back of the head, reports said. The suspects left, but one of them kicked the mirror of the pickup truck of the two victims, according to reports.
* A homeless man filed a report at 4:14 p.m. Jan. 19 for an alleged assault at a bar that occurred 2:30 a.m. Dec. 1. The victim told police he was beaten up in an establishment at the intersection of East Dublin-Granville and Karl roads and robbed of his earrings, but the report stated he was "extremely intoxicated" at the time of the original crime and did not want anything done about it. He said he changed his mind about filing a report in order to get his medical bills covered.
* A girl said she was assaulted in the 5100 block of Karl Road at 11:30 a.m. Jan. 18.
* A woman who gave officers an address on Dresden Street told officers she was the victim of an armed robbery while staying at a motel in the 1200 block of East Dublin-Granville Road at 3:23 a.m. Jan. 16. She said a friend had been hanging out in the room with her and that he left, only to return a short time later saying he had left his cellphone. At that point, the victim said, another man armed with a gun shoved his way into the room and took cellphones and computer equipment worth $1,100 from her, along with $110 in cash.
* A boy reported being assaulted and robbed at 2:49 p.m. Jan. 14 while he was at the intersection of Branchwood Drive and Avenue Chateau Du Nord. The youth said a $200 tablet computer, his $20 book bag, $20 worth of T-shirts and school books valued at $100 were taken from him.
* Two cellphones, each worth $350, were stolen from a boy after he was forcibly removed from a friend's vehicle and assaulted by a group of individuals on Ambleside Drive at 9:51 p.m. Jan. 13, reports said.