Children alert mom about attack on her daughter
A 10-year-old girl said she was walking on a path behind a Garvey Road home at 3:25 p.m. Feb. 5 when two other juveniles ran past her and knocked her down.
When she got up, her two attackers pushed her into a tree, causing her to fall down and strike her head, she reported. One began kicking her while the other kicked snow into her face, the girl said.
The suspects fled on foot when the girl's mother arrived, alerted by other children in the area.
In other Columbus police reports:
* An 18-year-old Polo Drive West woman reported at 9:39 p.m. Feb. 10 she had been receiving threatening telephone calls.
She said the caller, a man, stated he "was going to shoot her residence up over an issue in the past," according to the report.
* A 16-year-old girl said she was the victim of a sexual assault at the intersection of Tamarack Boulevard and Forest Village Lane at 4:30 p.m. Feb. 10.
* A Parkville Street woman, 33, said she was robbed of a pack of cigarettes and some prescription methadone by a man who choked her and pinned her to the ground in the 1300 block of East Dublin-Granville Road at 1:16 a.m. Feb. 10.
* A 14-year-old girl reported at 9:22 p.m. Feb. 10 she had been sexually assaulted between Sept. 1 and Oct. 15. The assaults took place near the intersection of Brimfield and Beechcroft roads, according to the report.
* An assault in an East Dublin-Granville Road motel room was reported by the alleged victim, a 21-year-old homeless woman, at 10:19 p.m. Feb. 8.
The woman said her assailant punched her in the mouth, grabbed her and pulled her hair, but people in the room where she said the incident occurred denied knowing the suspect, stated there had been no fighting in the room and that the victim had never been in it.
* A 46-year-old Fall Creek Lane woman said she was beaten about the head and strangled at 11:33 p.m. Feb. 8 by a man at an address on Byers Circle East. The woman filed the report the following day at 12:02 a.m.
According to the officer taking the report, the woman showed no signs of visible injuries and declined medical treatment.
* A Green Meadows Street woman told police she was robbed at gunpoint in an East Dublin-Granville Road motel room by three people at 1:15 a.m. Feb. 7. The victim, 18, said she was forced to hand over $200 in cash and a $150 cell phone.
* A 26-year-old Elaine Road resident said he was beaten and robbed by two people at 3:30 p.m. Feb. 6 while he was walking near Cleveland Avenue and Deewood Drive.
The man said his assailants, after punching him in the face from behind, reached into his pockets and stole $180 in cash.
* A man said he was standing in front of his Bayfield Drive residence at 9:50 p.m. Feb. 6 when another man came up and asked for a cigarette, then pulled out a black semi-automatic pistol.
The victim, 25, said he gave the robber a cigarette and a $50 cell phone, $5 in cash and a key ring worth $10.
* A Westerville woman said she was robbed at gunpoint in the 2100 block of East Dublin-Granville Road at 9:30 a.m. Feb. 4, right after filling a prescription for Oxycodene at a pharmacy.