Copper piping stolen from restaurant roof
An employee of a fast-food restaurant in the 1200 block of East Dublin-Granville Road discovered at 8 a.m. Feb. 28 that an ice machine was not working.
Subsequently, according to a report filed at 12:25 a.m. March 1, a repairman discovered that $5,000 worth of copper piping had been stolen from the roof of the building.
In other Columbus police reports:
* A 25-year-old man reported he was robbed in the 5700 block of Cleveland Avenue at 9:22 p.m. March 2.
The man, a resident of Allegheny Avenue, said he was approached by a person who brandished a weapon and made off with $60 in cash and a cell phone valued at $400.
* Two women, ages 22 and 27, said they were assaulted when forced to leave a business on Schrock Road at 2:15 a.m. March 3.
* A 34-year-old woman said she was robbed by two men at 1:26 a.m. March 3 at a residence on Tamarack Boulevard. The woman said the man took a $100 cell phone, $20 in cash and a single earring worth $50 before leaving the scene.
* Two women, ages 19 and 32, told officers each had been assaulted by the another in the 1600 block of East Dublin-Granville Road at 10 p.m. March 3. In light of the joint accusations, the women were referred to the prosecutor's office.
* A Rainer Avenue resident contacted police at 1:02 a.m. March 2 to say he had been slapped at his home three hours earlier.
* A 19-year-old man said he was beaten and robbed at 11:55 a.m. March 1 at an apartment on East Dublin-Granville Road. He filed the report, in which he said $140 in cash and a $100 cell phone were stolen from him, at 4:30 a.m. March 2.
* An 11-year-old girl called police at 6:48 p.m. Feb. 28 to say she had been assaulted during a playground fight in the 5100 block of Karl Road eight days earlier. The girl said she was watching a fight between two students when the mother of one of them walked up to her and began yelling, after which she stuck the girl in the face and upper body. The girl said another student had recorded the incident on a cell phone.
* A Skyway Drive man, 29, said he was struck in the back of the head at 8:09 p.m. Feb. 27 as he was entering the Karl Road Branch of the Columbus Metropolitan Library.