Columbus police are investigating a homicide after officers were summoned to a Sunderland Drive residence at 3:28 p.m. March 9 and found the body of a 52-year-old man.
Published reports have said the man was from Mansfield but was staying in Columbus because of his job. His body was found by family members who became concerned about him and traveled to Columbus.
A coroner's report issued over the weekend said he had been shot once in the head.
Robbery was the apparent motive for the crime. The police report said the victim's $16,000 Toyota Camry, bearing the license number FRA 6017, was missing. Published reports indicated a shotgun, television set and cell phone also were taken.
In other police reports:
* A 37-year-old woman told officers she was in a bar on Byers Circle East at 3:30 a.m. March 10 when someone took her cell phone. During an argument, she said, several people pulled her hair and the person who took her phone refused to give it back.
* An Arborwood Court resident said someone shot out the window of his second-floor apartment at 8 a.m. March 9.
* Police responding to a report of a person with a gun at 10:20 p.m. March 9 on Hampstead Drive spoke with a 42-year-old woman who said a man had pointed a gun at her head before running back to his own apartment. When officers went to the apartment, they were "denied access by a roommate" of the man, reports stated. The woman was advised to contact the prosecutor's office.
* A 24-year-old woman told police she got into an argument at 7 p.m. March 8 with a friend over a pair of shoes at a Medoc Court address and that her friend grabbed her shirt and punched her in the face.
* A 15-year-old boy said his $250 iPhone was stolen at 3:15 p.m. March 8 by a man who approached him in the 5500 block of Karl Road and asked for the time.
* A report was taken March 8 at 4:14 p.m. from a 33-year-old Sharon Court resident who said he was beaten to the point of unconsciousness by unknown attackers around 11 p.m. March 3 in the vicinity of Karl and Schrock roads.
The man, who had injuries to his face, head, hands, knees and shoulders that required 60 stitches, according to police, said he could remember little about the incident, other than he had been at a nearby tavern before going outside.
When he came to after the attack, the report said he walked back to the bar, where a special duty officer called an ambulance for him.
* Two people called police at 12:46 a.m. March 6 to report shots had been fired in the room next to theirs at a motel on Sinclair Road.
* A 68-year-old man was charged with assault at 8:13 p.m. March 5 for allegedly attacking a woman in the lobby of a Zumstein Drive motel. The victim was a 23-year-old from Pickerington, the report stated.
* The father of a 13-year-old boy said his son was attacked by a man at the intersection of Sandalwood and Satinwood drives at 3:30 p.m. March 4. The father said the attacker, who appeared to be intoxicated, approached his son after the boy got off a school bus, mumbled something the youth didn't understand and then began punching him.