Online sale turns into robbery for local teen
A Craigslist sale went wrong for an 18-year-old Ridgebury Drive man in the 800 block of East Dublin-Granville Road at 7:47 p.m. March 17.
The man said he had arranged through the online classified site to sell an iPod worth $120, but when he met the purported customer, the person grabbed the electronic device and ran away, brandishing a knife when the seller gave chase.
In other Columbus police reports:
* A resident of Rockwood Drive was charged with trespassing at 7 p.m. March 17. Police said the 42-year-old man was at an East Dublin-Granville Road motel from which he had previously been banned.
* A 27-year-old Whitby Square South woman said she was assaulted by a man at her home at 10:59 p.m. March 16. She told officers the following day she was not in a domestic relationship with the suspect.
* A Pataskala man, 52, was charged with assault at 7:43 p.m. March 16 for allegedly striking a 30-year-old woman at an East Dublin-Granville Road motel.
* A 14-year-old boy said he was punched in the back of the head at 9 p.m. March 15 near the intersection of Sandalwood Place and Ironwood Drive. His attacker made off with his book bag, which contained a $500 laptop computer and a pair of sneakers valued at $100.
* A homeless woman told police at 1:28 a.m. March 15 she was punched in the jaw several times at a club on East Dublin-Granville Road. The 29-year-old victim did not have any visible injuries and declined medical treatment, according to police.
* A Hampstead Drive man said his automobile's windshield was damaged and he was assaulted at 12:56 a.m. March 13. The damage to the car was estimated at $1,000.
* A 41-year-old woman in the 2300 block of Hampstead Drive said she received threatening telephone calls and text messages from her son's live-in girlfriend at 10 a.m. March 13 after the two got into an argument and her son drove off in the younger woman's car. One of the text messages, which the woman received but which was apparently directed at her son, stated, "Tell your mom to set up funeral arrangements ..."
* A North Meadows Court woman, 22, said her boyfriend's father threw a chair at her in her home at 6:36 p.m. March 12. She declined medical treatment and was referred to the prosecutor's office.
* A 36-year-old Zumstein Drive man was charged with assault at 7:55 p.m. March 11.