A man who was locked out of his apartment on Busch Boulevard asked the wrong person for help.
According to a police report filed March 23 at 10:01 p.m., the luckless 24-year-old said he asked a man on a second-floor balcony if he could use his cell phone to call a girlfriend so he could get into his apartment, and received the answer "Hell, no."
That led to a verbal exchange between the two, during which the man on the balcony allegedly threatened to kill the other man.
When questioned, the man the balcony admitted he had gone into his apartment at one point and returned with a gun, but said he left the bullets and magazine inside. He also said he never pointed the weapon at the other man.
In other recent Northland-area police reports:
* Three women said they were the victims of a home-invasion robbery on Forest Willow Lane at 8:30 p.m. March 20.
The women -- a 31-year-old resident of the address where the crime took place, another 31-year-old from Hiawatha Street and a 28-year-old from Westerville -- told officers who responded to a report of a robbery in progress that a man came into the home and took a total of $250 in cash and a cell phone valued at $80.
* A 16-year-old boy said he was attacked by three people at 3:20 p.m. March 19 near the intersection of Urban and Kingshill drives. He said the trio wanted to rob him, but he managed to hang on to his possessions, according to the report.
* Officers were summoned to an apartment on Solera Drive at 1:28 p.m. March 23 regarding an alleged case of embezzlement. According to the report, some $18,000 in rent money was stolen between July 1 and March 22.
* Police responded to a report of a person with a gun on Zumstein Drive at 7:27 p.m. March 17. A 30-year-old Deming Avenue woman told officers a man had threatened to kill her, but no arrest was indicated.
* The mother of a 12-year-old boy said her son was punched in the face twice at the intersection of Tamarack Boulevard and Ivyhill Loop at 5:45 p.m. March 23.
* A 38-year-old North Meadows Court woman accused her boyfriend of punching her in the mouth while they were partying at a nightclub on East Dublin-Granville Road at 3:10 a.m. March 23. The woman had no visible signs of injury, according to the reporting officer. She was referred to the county prosecutor.
* A Sharon Green Drive man, 45, said he was assaulted and robbed of $40 in cash at 12:30 a.m. March 22 while in the 1500 block of East Dublin-Granville Road.
* A 14-year-old girl said she was attacked at a facility on Karl Road at 3:40 p.m. March 19 following a lengthy Instagram exchange with another girl. The victim said the other girl pulled her hair and then began throwing punches at her.