A community open house regarding an improvement project for a section of Karl Road is scheduled from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 30, at St. Andrew Presbyterian Church, 1450 E. Dublin-Granville Road.
Construction is scheduled to begin May 7, according to the announcement from the Department of Public Service, on a project between East Dublin-Granville and Schrock roads that will include:
* Replacing existing pavement, curbs, curb ramps and sidewalk
* Installing new street lights
* Adding a left turn lane at Alpine Drive
* Improving signals at Schrock Road
* Upgrading water lines and storm sewers
Completion is scheduled for late November, depending on the weather, the announcement indicated. Karl Road will be restricted to one-way northbound traffic only during the project.
Representatives from the city and the contractor, Shelly and Sands, will be on hand during the open house to answer questions.