As the school year nears its close, St. Francis DeSales High School has a number of activities and events planned.
* The Eighth Annual Alumni Awards of Distinction will be held Friday, May 3. Doors open at 6 p.m. in the school cafeteria, with wine and cheese at 6:30 p.m., followed by dinner at 7 p.m. The awards ceremony will take place directly after dinner. Honorees include: Linda Vollmer '69 and Patrick McGinnis '74 (Sr. Sharon Goodburn Award), Paul Hamann '84 and Ted Gartner '88 (Msgr. James Berendt/Patrick Rossetti Award), Judy Ross and Fritz Hoefer (Barbara O'Riordan Award), Samuel Chapman '82 and James Bownas '65 (Forrest "Treeze" Sharrock Award), and Chris Doughty '04 and Kelly DeLauder Pohly '06 (Young Alumni Award).
* Spring Choir Concert at 4 p.m. Sunday, May 5, in the SFDHS Little Theatre.
* The Class of 2017 Merit Scholarship Dinner will be held Sunday, May 5. This is a special dinner in honor of Class of 2017 recipients of a St. Francis de Sales Scholarship or a Franciscan Sisters Scholarship.
* The Evening of the Arts, set for Thursday, May 16, includes an art show and spring band concert featuring students from St. Francis DeSales High School as well as students in grades 5-8 from feeder schools. The art show begins at 6 p.m., followed by the Spring Band Concert at 7 p.m. The SFD Choir will also perform at the end of the concert. The art gallery will reopen at 8 p.m. Admission is free.
* Seniors will honored for their academic and service achievements at the Senior Awards Assembly at 8 a.m. Tuesday, May 21, in the SFDHS gymnasium.
* Baccalaureate Liturgy for the Class of 2013 and their families and friends will be held at Church of the Resurrection at 6 p.m. Thursday, June 6.
* Graduation will be held at St. Francis DeSales' Alumni Stadium at 9 a.m. Saturday, June 8. Dr. Gordon Gee, the president of Ohio State University, will be the graduation speaker.