Columbus police charged a 12-year-old boy with assault for reportedly shoving a middle school teacher at 2:03 p.m. Sept. 5.
The 63-year-old instructor told police the youth came into his class at Woodward Park Middle School, 5151 Karl Road seeking to fight one of the students. In spite of being directed to leave the room, the boy continued to advance on the boy he wanted to fight, the teacher said. The teacher got in between the two, at which point the 12-year-old pushed him, Columbus police reports said.
In other recent Northland-area incident reports from the Columbus Division of Police:
* A 33-year-old man told police he was attacked by more than one person in the 4700 block of Kingshill Drive at 3:13 p.m. Sept. 2.
The man, a resident of Taylor Street, said he believed it was an attempted robbery, but the suspects did not take anything from him before fleeing the scene.
* The principal of a charter school on Mediterranean Avenue filed a police report Sept. 6, stating that at 10:38 that morning, a student left the building without permission. The principal also said the student was cursing at his teacher and brushed past her on the way out while issuing a threat.
The principal was advised to contact the prosecutor's office about filing charges for menacing.
* Three residents of Place De La Concorde Street West said they felt threatened when a person told them, "You better watch out. You think you live in a safe neighborhood." This took place at 5:15 p.m. Sept. 2.
All three of the residents, a man, 32, and two women, 39 and 35, said they thought the comment was directed at them and that it meant their lives were in danger.
* A woman told police a man exposed himself to her while she was sitting on the front porch of her Foxworth Drive apartment at 5:20 p.m. Sept. 2.
The woman said the man backed his car up next to her apartment so she could see him. She also told officers that the license plate of his car was blocked with a page from a magazine.
* A 54-year-old Sunderland Drive man reported another man pulled a gun on him at an East Dublin-Granville Road nightclub at 1 a.m. Aug. 31.
* A 53-year-old woman told officers she was robbed in the 1700 block of Morse Road at 9:45 p.m. Sept. 3.
She said her laptop computer, the bag it was in, her cell phone and its charger, along with a money order for $545, were stolen in the incident.