An irate customer at a bar on Byers Circle East is suspected of using a knife to slash the tires on vehicles in the lot when he got into an altercation at 2:20 a.m. June 14, the bartender told police.
The woman said she was attempting to close the place when the dispute broke out. The suspect became angry and left. Moments later, according to the report, a car alarm went off and three customers went out to discover the tires on their vehicles had been slashed. Damages were estimated at $300.
In other Columbus police reports:
* Three juveniles, two girls and a boy, said they were chased by a person armed with a knife in the 5700 block of Pinetree Street South after that person punched one of them in the face at 9:30 p.m. June 14. The youth who was attacked said their pursuer told the trio, "I'm going to kill you."
* A Barnes Drive East resident said a woman beat him over the head with a shoe at 3:15 a.m. June 14 in the 1500 block of East Dublin-Granville Road. He "showed no visible signs of injuries and refused medical treatment," according to the reporting officer, who added that the alleged attacker was not at the scene when he arrived.
* A Karl Road resident called police at 2:40 p.m. June 9 to report her son had been robbed of his mountain bike. The woman said two people stole the bike from the youth at 9 p.m. June 7 in the 1300 block of Fullen Road.
* Someone apparently fired a gun into a townhouse in the 5800 block of Arborwood Drive. Spent shell casings were collected at the scene and turned into the police division's property room at 4:31 p.m. June 8.
* A North Meadows Court woman said someone threatened to start a fight with her in her apartment at 7:47 a.m. June 8. She filed a report of the menacing incident at 2:38 that afternoon.
* A woman told police her daughter, who was joking around after volleyball practice at Northland High School, 1919 Northcliff Drive, at 7:30 p.m. June 9, had jumped on the hood of a teammate's car, only to have that girl drive off at a high rate of speed.
In the complaint filed at 11 p.m. June 10, the woman said her daughter rolled off the vehicle onto the parking lot. According to the police report, the woman said the driver "made no attempt to even check on the victim's well-being, but sat in her car laughing."
* A man who does not have custody of his child allegedly assaulted an employee of a Tamarack Circle North day care center at 2:20 p.m. June 10 when the woman prevented him from taking the child. The victim said the man grabbed her arm and pushed her backward after she called the child's mother.
* A Pine Bluff Road resident reported her garage had been burglarized and a guest said his vehicle was broken into at 3:38 a.m. June 9. Tools valued at more than $1,500 were reported stolen. The garage door sustained $500 in damage while the driver's side window of the Akron man's car was smashed, causing $400 in damage.
* A youth from Forest Park, Ga., said he was shot in the head with a BB gun at 5:54 p.m. June 9 while at an address on Ironstone Drive.