A couch, mattress, shoes and even the living room rug were stolen in a burglary on Stoneway Drive that was reported at 3:53 a.m. July 18.
The break-in took place between 1 p.m. July 17 and 1 a.m. July 18, according to the three victims. Damages to a door frame and a bedroom door were estimated at $500, while the value of the items taken, which also included a television set and a cell phone, amounted to $2,700.
In other Northland-area police reports:
• The Dunkin' Donuts store at 2255 E. Dublin-Granville Road was robbed by a woman with a gun at 1:39 a.m. July 19.
Witnesses said the woman entered the place with the gun and made off with some cash. Police reports said investigators collected evidence at the shop and "at Maple Canyon (Avenue) and Sumac Loop South where other evidence from the crime had been located."
• A homeless woman contacted police at 11:30 p.m. July 19 to say she felt threatened by a man wielding a golf club in the 1800 block of Forest Oak Lane who was angry because she hadn't picked up after her dog.
• A homeless man told officers he was struck in the face with a gun and then shot at 3:40 a.m. July 17. The incident took place at the intersection of Karl and Red Robin roads.
The man was taken to OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital for treatment.
• A Teakwood Drive apartment was burglarized between midnight and 6 a.m. July 19. The victims said that mostly kitchen items, such as a pressure cooker and toaster oven, were stolen but also a gaming system, a light bulb and some cash were missing. They estimated their loss at $2,665.
• A woman who lives at a managed-care facility on Karl Road told officers at 9:41 a.m. July 17 that she returned home after a five-day hospital stay to find jewelry worth $4,070 had been stolen in her absence.
• A Karl Road woman filed a report at 7:30 a.m. July 17 saying that two days earlier her boyfriend began sending her "disrespectful" text messages while she was at work and subsequently refused to let her leave when she got home, beat her until she gave up the personal identification number for her debit card and then used her car to go to an ATM and withdraw money from her account.
"Victim stated that all she wanted to do was leave," according to the report. The alleged boyfriend showed up while the report was being taken, according to an officer, and he said she doesn't live there.
• A Roche Drive resident reported that someone opened his car door at 5:30 p.m. July 16 at the intersection of East Dublin-Granville Road and North Meadows Boulevard and slapped the cell phone from his hand.
• An East Dublin-Granville Road man was shot "multiple times" in his right leg in the 800 block of North Meadows Court at 2:24 p.m. July 15. The wounded man was able to provide the names of suspects in his attack, according to the reporting officer.
• A North Meadows Court apartment was reported burglarized at 7:01 p.m. July 14. An air conditioner worth $1,400 was stolen.
The break-in, which also caused $50 in damage to the lock, took place between 6 p.m. July 10 and 9 a.m. July 14.
• A woman who lives on Ormond Drive said she was robbed in the 4600 block of Tamarack Boulevard at 2:30 a.m. July 15 by someone who brandished a handgun and demanded $5.
• A Westerville woman said she was punched in the mouth at 3:05 p.m. July 13 in the 1500 block of Red Robin Road.
• A Forest Oak Lane man contacted police at 7:55 a.m. July 13 to say his live-in girlfriend, with whom he is having a dispute, had poured bleach over $300 worth of his clothing between 6 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. July 12.