A man who is not allowed to be at a Graniteway Lane home showed up anyway at 5 p.m. July 26, according to the woman who lives there, Columbus police reported.
The 27-year-old resident told officers that the man, an acquaintance, became irate when she called the police to report the trespassing and he assaulted her and a 23-year-old East 24th Avenue woman who was visiting at the time. Neither woman required medical attention, although both said they were struck by the man in the head and face.
In other recent Northland-area incident reports from the Columbus Division of Police:
* A Tamarack Circle East man said he was robbed on Tamarack Circle North at 11:25 p.m. July 24. The victim said his $400 cellphone, a $40 wallet and $20 in cash were stolen, along with his Ohio identification card.
* A Sailing Drive woman who accidentally left a window open reported at 10:40 p.m. July 25 someone entered her home and stole a $562 television set and a laptop worth $500. The victim said the items were taken between 7:30 and 10:30 p.m.
* A laptop computer valued at $350 and a piggybank containing $300 were stolen in a burglary on North Meadows Boulevard between 7 and 8:30 p.m. July 23.
* Copper piping valued at $7,000 was stolen from a residence on Blue Ash Road, an official with a property management company reported at 12:20 p.m. July 23. The theft took place sometime after noon July 16.
* A Goldengate Square North resident contacted police July 23 to report she was the victim of a scam. The woman said she received a call at 8 p.m. July 18 from someone posing as a "government worker." The caller told the resident a check for $10,000 was being issued to her, but she had to pay a fee of $1,693 in order to get it, and that the payment had to be in the form of a prepaid PayPal card. She complied with the instructions, but then became concerned when the check did not arrive as scheduled.
* A Blacklick woman, 31, said she was attacked at 3:30 p.m. July 22 in a parking lot in the 1100 block of Morse Road. The victim said she had just pulled into the lot when her assailant "began screaming at her then pulled her hair and smacked her approximately five times in the face," according to the report. The woman added that her attacker threatened to kill her.
* A Polo West Drive resident said she was in a church in the 5700 block of Karl Road between 8:30 and 11 p.m. July 22 during which time someone broke the passenger side window of her car and stole a $150 purse and a pair of reading classes worth $500. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $500.
* Vehicle parts worth $5,500 were reported stripped from a car parked at an auto sales lot on Sinclair Road at 10:20 a.m. July 22. The person filing the report said lights and other parts were removed after 6 p.m. the previous day.
* An employee of a security firm said he was on patrol in the 2200 block of Morse Road at 7:27 p.m. July 21 when a group of children threw rocks at his vehicle. One struck the windshield, causing a large crack. Damage was estimated at $200.
* A 91-year-old woman who recently moved into an assisted living facility on Karl Road called police at 1 p.m. July 21 to report some of her jewelry was taken. The victim said the theft of the diamond rings, including her engagement ring, took place between 8 a.m. June 25 and 5 p.m. July 17.