of Delaware County
For more information about Preservation Parks, visit www. preservationparks.com or call (740) 524-8600.
The offices of Preservation Parks are at 2656 Hogback Road in Sunbury.
• The Winter Program Guide, featuring more than 40 nature education programs and workshops for December through February, is available now at all Delaware County libraries, chambers of commerce, the Delaware County Convention and Visitors Bureau, and other locations. It also is available at Preservation Parks’ preserves and nature centers, and on-line at www.preservationparks.com.
• Christmas at the Lodge, 7 to 9 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 3. Kick off the holiday season with an evening of family activities. All ages. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road.
• Model Railroaders Open House, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 3, and noon to 4 p.m., on Sunday, Dec. 4. Enjoy the model train displays at the Trailhouse at Big Walnut Community Trail, 168 S. Vernon St., Sunbury. The drawing for a model train raffle will be at 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 4.
• Hound Hike, 4 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 4. Bring your socialized canine along on a hike on our pet-friendly trails. Gallant Woods Preserve, 2151 Buttermilk Hill Road, Delaware.
• Preschool Park Pals: Gifts for Nature, 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 7, for ages 4 and 5. We’ll make cookies and other treats for the birds, squirrels and deer, and decorate a tree outdoors. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road. Registration is required by Nov. 30; call (740) 524-8600, extension 3, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.