Powell police reports
This week Powell police responded to multiple reports of vandalism at a variety of locations during the night of Sept. 7. It is unknown if the acts were committed by the same perpetrator, police said.
* A Powell man reported that two of his vehicles were vandalized sometime between 10 p.m. Sept. 7 and 8 a.m. Sept. 8 while they were parked outside his residence in the 800 block of Sycamore Ridge Court.
The amount of the damage was not known at the time of the report.
* A second officer responded to reports that five different vehicles were vandalized overnight between 10 p.m. Sept. 7 and 8 a.m. Sept. 8 while parked outside a residence in the 200 block of Paddock Circle.
The amount of the damage was also not yet known.
* A Powell woman told police that someone damaged her mailbox twice between 11:30 p.m. Sept. 7 and 8 a.m. Sept. 9 outside her residence in the 200 block of Thornbury Lane.
The box was damaged in separate instances Friday and Saturday night, a report said, with total damages of about $130.
* Police also responded to a report of unspecified property damage that took place sometime between 7 p.m. Sept. 6 and 2:26 p.m. Sept. 9 at a residence in the 200 block of Muladore Drive.
A final report indicated that a Powell woman woke to find an unidentifiable burned object in her mailbox, placed there between 3 p.m. Sept. 7 and 1 p.m. Sept. 8 outside her residence in the 600 block of Eagle Ridge.
The report said she found a "white solid item with burn mark" and ashes inside the mailbox. The box itself sustained $50 in damages.
In other recent Powell police incident reports:
* Property worth $600 was stolen between 9:30 p.m. Sept. 4 and noon Sept. 5 from a residence in the 7500 block of Indian Spring Drive, police said.
An unidentified thief forced entry and stole a purse, which contained $400 in cash, various makeup and a pair of sunglasses, according to a report.
* A digital camera worth $200 was stolen between 11:15 p.m. Sept. 2 and 9 a.m. Sept. 3 from a residence in the 4500 block of Village Club Drive, police said.
The victim reported that someone broke into his home and took the camera, as well as $18 in cash.
* A gas can worth $80 was stolen between noon Aug. 31 and noon Sept. 8 from a residence in the 300 block of Syanne Court, police said.