Powell/Olentangy: Burglars target Powell, Lewis Center homes
Delaware County Sheriff's deputies responded to reports of several burglaries that took place March 26 and 27.
One burglary was reported to have taken place between 6 p.m. March 26 and 8 a.m. March 27 at a residence in the 4000 block of South Old State Road in Lewis Center, reports said.
The victim reported someone forced entry into the residence, with damages to a door and door frame estimated at $2,000, and stole a laptop computer worth $1,000.
Two additional burglaries were reported to have occurred on Southwind Drive the same evening.
Property worth $5,417 was reported stolen between 7 p.m. March 26 and 9:30 a.m. March 27 from a residence in the 10700 block of Southwind Drive in Powell, according to reports.
Stolen items include two designer purses.
An air compressor worth $50 was reported stolen between 4:30 p.m. March 26 and 9:44 a.m. March 27 from a residence in the 10600 block of the same street.
In other recent Delaware County Sheriff's reports:
* Several checks, together worth $19,226, were stolen from a mailbox between March 12 and 26 outside a residence in the first block of Green Meadows Drive in Lewis Center, reports said.
* Property worth $771 was stolen between 8:30 and 8:45 a.m. March 28 from a residence in the 8500 block of Owenfield Drive in Powell, according to reports.
Stolen items include a leather purse and a wallet.
* Wood pallets and 15 bags of mulch, together worth $123, were stolen between midnight and 2 a.m. April 4 from outside a residence in the 4100 block of West Powell Road in Powell, reports said.
* A window on the exterior of a business was shattered between 5 p.m. March 30 and 7:30 a.m. April 1 in the 8500 block of Columbus Pike in Lewis Center, reports said.
Damages were estimated at $1,500.
Copper wire worth $1,805 was stolen between 5:30 p.m. April 5 and 8:30 a.m. April 8 from a construction site in the 3900 block of Hickory Road Drive, Powell police said.
Damages estimated at $700 to the home under construction also were reported.
In other recent Powell police reports:
* An unknown vandal smashed out a window between 5 p.m. March 21 and 10 p.m. March 29 at a house in the 100 block of Mendolin Way, police said.
Damage to the house was estimated at $500.
* A man residing in the 300 block of Ashmoore Circle reported someone used his personal information to make several fraudulent charges to his credit card between midnight March 22 and 11:59 p.m. April 1.