For more information about Preservation Parks of Delaware County or to register for a program, call 740-524-8600, ext. 3, or email email@example.com.
* Fishing program, 6 p.m., Friday, May 3, Blues Creek Preserve, 9627 Fontanelle Road. Youth, ages 16 and younger accompanied by an adult, can learn to fish. Participants will receive rods and reels, and will learn how to set up their fishing rods with bait and catch a few bass or bluegills.
Registration deadline is one week before each event.
* Woodcarving classes: Two six-week woodcarving classes for ages 16 and up will be offered at Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road. Both classes will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursdays, May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 and June 13.
* Introduction to Woodcarving: How to choose wood, use and care for tools, and complete a project. Fee of $45 includes the tools and materials.
* Beginning Relief Carving: How to carve pictures and scenes on a flat wooden back-ground. Fee of $50 covers chisels and materials. Participants also should bring a basic carving knife, glove, thumb guard and sharpening strap, or they can be purchased for an extra $30. Registration deadline is Monday, April 29.
* "Dinner Time," 1 p.m., Saturday, May 4, work with a naturalist to collect food for wildlife and to observe the creatures' dining habits. Space is limited and registration is required by Saturday, April 27. Free. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road.
* "Habitat Heroes!" 3 p.m., Sunday, May 5. Help Preservation Parks destroy "evil" invasive plants such as garlic mustard and invasive honeysuckle. Bring shears and gloves. A Dutch-oven dinner will follow. Anyone wearing a super hero costume might win a prize. Registration is required by Sunday, April 28. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road.
No registration needed for the following activities:
* "Historic Herbal Habits," 1 p.m., Saturday, April 27. Guest speaker Carol Kelly will discuss the history and importance of Depression-era gardens and Victory gardens. Ages 12 and older. Gallant Farm Preserve, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road.
* "Spring Beauties," 3 p.m., Saturday, April 27. Discover the names and stories behind the wildflowers found along the trail. Ages 9 and older. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road.
* "What's in the Box?" 2 p.m., Sunday, April 28. Tree swallows and bluebirds should be active in the boxes along the trail. Help a naturalist check each box, identify the nest builders and record data. Ages 9 and older. Blues Creek Preserve, 9627 Fontanelle Road.