For more information about Preservation Parks of Delaware County or to register for a program, call 740-524-8600, ext. 3, or email email@example.com. The offices of Preservation Parks are at 2656 Hogback Road in Sunbury.
* Fishing program, 6 p.m., Friday, May 3, Blues Creek Preserve, 9627 Fontanelle Road. Young people, ages 16 and younger with an adult, can learn how to fish. Rods and reels provided.
* Woodcarving classes: Two six-week woodcarving classes for ages 16 and up will be held this spring at Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road. Both classes will be held 6 to 8 p.m. Thursdays, May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 and June 13.
* Introduction to Woodcarving: How to choose wood, use and care for tools, and complete a project. Fee of $45 includes tools and materials.
* Beginning Relief Carving: How to carve pictures and scenes on a flat wooden back-ground. Fee of $50 covers chisels and materials. Bring a basic carving knife, glove, thumb guard and sharpening strap, or purchase them for an extra $30.
* "Habitat Heroes!" 3 p.m., Sunday, May 5. Help Preservation Parks destroy "evil" invasive plants such as garlic mustard and invasive honeysuckle. Bring shears and gloves. A Dutch-oven dinner will follow. Anyone wearing a super hero costume might win a prize. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road.