Stratford Ecological Center is at 3083 Liberty Road. For information on the following programs, to register or to volunteer, call 740-363-2548 or email SECVolunteer@aol.com (volunteers) or SECEarth Share@aol.com.
* 'New' Fiber Circle, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, May 4. (The first Saturday of each month.) Interested in spinning, knitting, felting, weaving, crocheting or any other fiber art? Bring your projects. Cost is $10 per year.
* Family Farm Chores, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., Saturday, May 11. Families learn about the needs of a small diverse farm while feeding and watering animals, gathering and washing eggs and -- starting in June -- milking goats. Cost is $12 per family. Limit six families.
* Wildflower Walk for adults, 10 a.m. to noon, Saturday, May 11. Naturalist Bob Harter will lead a walk while discussing wild hyacinth, trillium, Jack-in-the-pulpits, green dragons and more. Dress for the weather. Cost is $5 per person. Limit 12.
* Story Time on the Farm, 10 to 11 a.m., Tuesday, May 14. Each story session is followed by an activity or adventure. Cost is $5 per family.
* Herbal Study Group, 1 to 3 p.m., Tuesday, May 14, and 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 18. Explore the many uses of wild and cultivated plants. All skill levels welcome in this hands-on, participant-led group. Cost is $10 a year. Call for each meeting's topic.
* Book Talks, 6:30 to 8 p.m., Friday, May 24. (The fourth Friday of each month.) Librarian Liz Barker leads discussions of literary works on topics such as agriculture, nature, homesteading and more. This month's topic is gardening. Cost is $10 a year.
* Pasture Walk with David Kline and Gene Logsdon, 9 a.m. to noon, Saturday, May 18. Authors and farmers Logsdon and Kline will discuss rotational grazing, pasture and manure management, conservation practices and other topics. Suggested donation is $20.