For more information about Preservation Parks of Delaware County or to register for a program, call 740-524-8600, extension 3 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Preschool Park Pals: Froggy Fun, 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. on both May 22 and 23, at Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road. For ages 4 and 5. Children will learn about the lives of frogs and toads. Free. Registration required by May 15; call 740-524-8600, ext. 3.
No registration needed for these activities:
* "Let's Plant the Garden!" noon-4 p.m., Friday, May 10 and Saturday, May 11. Stop in any time to help prepare the soil and plant some vegetable seeds. All ages. Gallant Farm Preserve, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road.
* Wetland Walk, 4 p.m., Saturday, May 11. We'll see reptiles, amphibians and invertebrates in the vernal pools, and learn why they need these wetlands to survive. Ages 9 and older. Gallant Woods Preserve, 2151 Buttermilk Hill Road.
* Cavity Nesters Galore, 2 p.m., Sunday, May 12. Purple martins, tree swallows and bluebirds are among the birds that depend on man-made shelters. We'll learn about them, and see if purple martins have returned to their nest sites. All ages. Gallant Farm Preserve, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road.
* Hound Hike, 8:30 p.m., Monday, May 13. Walk the trail with your canine, then enjoy a presentation by ACME Canine. All ages. Gallant Woods Preserve, 2151 Buttermilk Hill Road.
* Homeschool Adventures: The Hunter and the Hunted, 10 a.m., Thursday, May 16. Use hands-on activities to learn about the relationship between predator and prey. Ages 7-12. Emily Traphagen Preserve, 5094 Seldom Seen Road.