Stratford Ecological Center is at 3083 Liberty Road.
• Family Farm Chores, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., Saturday, May 11. Families learn about the needs of a small diverse farm while feeding and watering animals, gathering and washing eggs and -- starting in June -- milking goats. Cost $12 per family. Limit six families.
• Wildflower Walk for adults, 10 a.m. to noon, Saturday, May 11. Naturalist Bob Harter will lead a walk while discussing wild hyacinth, trillium, Jack-in-the-pulpits, green dragons and more. Dress for the weather. Cost $5 per person. Limit 12.
• Story Time on the Farm, 10 to 11 a.m., Tuesday, May 14. Each story session is followed by an activity or adventure. Cost is $5 per family.
• Herbal Study Group, 1 to 3 p.m., Tuesday, May 14, and 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 18. Explore the many uses of wild and cultivated plants. Cost is $10 a year. Call for each meeting's topic.
• Book Talks, 6:30 to 8 p.m., Friday, May 24. (The fourth Friday of each month.) Librarian Liz Barker leads discussions of literary works on topics such as agriculture, nature, homesteading and more. Cost is $10 a year.
• Pasture Walk with David Kline and Gene Logsdon, 9 a.m. to noon, Saturday, May 18. Authors and farmers will discuss rotational grazing, pasture and manure management, conservation practices and other topics. Suggested donation is $20.
• Farm to Fork, 1 to 3 p.m., June 22, Sept. 21, Nov. 16. Local chef Mark Zedella will prepare vegetables, grains and other foods with in-season ingredients. Maximum class size is 24; minimum size is six. Cost $30 per person.