A man who claimed he was robbed at gunpoint made his story up, Powell police said.
According to reports, a Grove City man called 911 at 3:35 a.m. May 18 from an outdoor location in the 400 block of West Powell Road, reporting he had been robbed at gunpoint and his car had been stolen.
But Delaware County Sheriff's deputies and a Powell police officer who responded to the scene determined the story was fabricated, said Darren Smith, a Powell detective.
"He just wanted a ride home," Smith said.
Smith added the suspect was believed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of the incident.
In other recent Powell police reports:
* Officers responded to a report of a stolen vehicle between 10:21 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. May 15 from where it was parked outside a business in the first block of East Olentangy Street.
* A man residing in the 200 block of Woodedge Circle reported someone used his personal information to make fraudulent charges of $2,000 to his credit card between May 13-15.
* Property worth $10,500 was stolen at 11 p.m. April 26 from a business in the 8900 block of Cotter Street in Lewis Center, according to Delaware County Sheriff's reports.
Stolen items include hand tools, two electric drills and various fishing supplies, according to reports.
* A man reported someone stole a wallet containing $177 cash between 3 p.m. April 27 and 11 a.m. April 30 from his residence in the 3900 block of Orchard Way in Powell.
* A battery worth $200 was stolen between 10 p.m. April 28 and 7 a.m. April 29 from a residence in the 8200 block of Green Meadows Drive in Lewis Center, reports said.
* Prescription medicine worth $60 was stolen between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. April 25 from a residence in the 8000 block of Tree Lake Boulevard in Powell, according to reports.
* An unknown vandal inflicted $1,250 in damage to a vehicle at 1 p.m. April 26 while it was parked in the 8800 block of Columbus Pike, the sheriff's office said.
Someone damaged the car's fender, hood and driver's-side door, according to reports.
* The rear door of a school bus was damaged by an unknown person between 7:30 and 7:47 p.m. April 29 while it was parked in the 8200 block of Owenfield Drive in Powell.
Damages were estimated at $1,500, reports said.