Numerous pieces of jewelry were stolen between noon and 3 p.m. May 26 from a business in the first block of North Liberty Street, Powell police said.
A thief broke in and stole four trays of sterling silver and precious-stone jewelry, together worth $2,500, reports said.
More than 140 items were stolen, according to reports.
In other recent Powell police reports:
* Tools were stolen from a garage between May 2 and 31 at a residence in the 4100 block of Village Club Drive, police said.
A burglar broke into the garage and stole a reciprocating saw and a laser level, according to reports.
* A man who lives in the 3100 block of Winding Woods Drive said someone stole a utilities payment from his mailbox between 11 p.m. May 30 and 5:30 a.m. May 31.
* An unknown vandal damaged a residential mailbox between 11:30 p.m. May 31 and 7:30 a.m. June 1 outside a home in the 500 block of Retreat Lane, police said.
* A man residing in the first block of Timberknoll Loop reported a case of identity theft occurred between 4:10 p.m. May 24 and 2 p.m. May 26.
* A man residing in the 2500 block of Tucker Trail in Liberty Township reported someone used his personal information to fraudulently make an online purchase of $49 between 8 a.m. May 8 and 5 p.m. May 9, according to Delaware County Sheriff's reports.
* A resident of the 7300 block of Holderman Street reported someone stole cash totaling $8,943 between Dec. 6 and May 7.