For more information about Preservation Parks of Delaware County or to register for a program, call 740-524-8600, extension 3 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The free Summer Letterbox Adventure begins June 8, in all Delaware County libraries (June 11, in Ashley). Follow clues in seven parks to find little hidden boxes. Participants have until Aug. 12, to find all the boxes and be entered in a drawing for prizes.
Sign up at the library starting June 8, and through the summer, or visit the Preservation Parks table, which will be set up at the libraries at the following times and locations: 6 to 7:45 p.m. June 10, at the Powell library branch, 460 S. Liberty St.; 6 to 7:45 p.m., June 11, at both the Ostrander branch, 75 N. Fourth St.; and the Orange branch, 7171 Gooding Blvd.; and 6:30 to 8:15 p.m., June 13 at the main library in Delaware, 84 E. Winter St.
* Do your children want to learn to fish? A free program at 6:30 p.m. Friday, June 14, will introduce the basics of fishing, including setting up and using the rod and reel and what bait to use. Participants 16 years of age or younger and accompanied by an adult will then try their hands at catching blue gill and other fish. All equipment is provided. Hogback Ridge Preserve, 2656 Hogback Road, Sunbury. Registration is required by June 10; call 740-524-8600, ext. 3.
No registration is needed for these activities:
* "Branching Out," 8:30 p.m., Friday, June 7. Try to spot baby birds, including owls, as they leave their nests. Age 6 and older. Emily Traphagen Preserve, 5094 Seldom Seen Road.
* "Sunflower Weekend," 1 to 4:30 p.m., Saturday, June 8 and Sunday, June 9. Plant your own sunflower to take home while learning this flower's many uses. All ages. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road.
* Golden Marathon, 1:30 p.m., Monday, June 10. one- to two-mile hike for older adults. Liberty Park, 2845 Home Road, Powell.