Preservation Parks news
For more information about Preservation Parks of Delaware County or to register for a program, call 740-524-8600, ext. 3, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The offices of Preservation Parks are at 2656 Hogback Road in Sunbury.
* Thursday Evening Concert in the Park, 7 to 8:30 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 8. Bluegrass music featuring the Muleskinner Band. Free. Blankets, chairs and refreshments welcome; no alcohol. All ages. Gallant Woods Preserve, 2151 Buttermilk Hill Road.
* "Tools of the Time," 2 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 11. Age 7 and up. Learn about hand tools from the 1930s -- how to use them, how to take care of them. Gallant Farm Preserve, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road.
* Golden Marathon, 9:30 a.m., Monday, Aug. 12. One- to two-mile hike for older adults. Hogback Ridge Preserve, 2656 Hogback Road.
* Thursday Evening Concert in the Park, 7 to 8:30 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 15. All ages. Blues, rock and dance music featuring The Usual Suspects and Repeat Offenders. Free. Refreshments, blankets and chairs welcome; no alcohol. Gallant Woods Preserve, 2151 Buttermilk Hill Road.
* "In a Pickle!" 10 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 17. Age 12 and up. Learn how to preserve vegetables by pickling. Gallant Farm Preserve, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road.