For more information about Preservation Parks of Delaware County or to register for a program, call 740-524-8600, ext. 3, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The offices of Preservation Parks are at 2656 Hogback Road in Sunbury.
No registration is required for these programs:
* Thursday Evening Concert in the Park, 7 to 8:30 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 15. All ages. Blues, rock and dance music featuring The Usual Suspects and Repeat Offenders. Free. Refreshments, blankets and chairs welcome; no alcohol. Gallant Woods Preserve, 2151 Buttermilk Hill Road.
* "In a Pickle!" 10 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 17. Age 12 and up. Learn how to preserve vegetables by pickling. Gallant Farm Preserve, 2151 Buttermilk Hill Road.
* "Who Lives in the Milkweed Patch," 1 to 4:30 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 17, and Sunday, Aug. 18. All ages. Observe milkweed. Learn about the adaptations plants and insects use to survive. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road.
* Golden Marathon, 9:30 a.m., Monday, Aug. 19. One- to two-mile hike for older adults. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road.
* Paper Moon Photo and Dance, 6 to 9 p.m., Friday, Aug. 23. All ages. A night of music and dancing at the barn. Have your picture taken for a one-of-a-kind photo in front of a paper moon. All ages. Gallant Farm Preserve, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road.
* All Aboard for Railroad Fun!, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 24. All ages. Watch the trains and learn about model railroading. Big Walnut Community Trail, 168 S. Vernon St.
* Garden Teas, 1 to 4:30 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 24. All ages. Sample four natural teas from native plant species. Learn about the plants they came from and the ailments they might cure. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road.
* Green-Wise Fair, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 25. All ages. Learn about ways to live a greener life, visit with vendors and exhibitors, play games and recycle your old electronics. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road.